P3 pro props question

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm fairly new to the forum and just got my P3P last week and have maybe 5-6 flights in on it and am loving it. I've learned a lot looking around the forum and trying to make sure I do everything right to protect my investment.

The question I have is concerning the props. I have searched the forum to no avail. I was wondering if there is a certain amount of time or number of flights where the props should be changed.

How often do you guys put new props on your quads?

Thanks
Tony

No reason to change out the props unless they show some form of damage.

You should routinely check for damage inside of the hub, chips on the edges of the prop, and cracks around the hub (flex the prop a bit to check). You can continue to use a prop as long as none of those issues are found.

After 7 hours of flight my P3P became too loud and that was resolved by replacing the props. I think they warp, especially with temperature spikes

be wary of knockoffs and carbon fiber. Knockoffs are usually not balanced and cause erratic behavior. Carbon fiber props are very stiff and can potentially cause injury.

Ok thanks for all of the quick replies and suggestions. They are kind of in line with what I was thinking I just wanted to be sure there was nothing I missed. I do usually inspect everything pre flight and post flight.

Thanks again.

What is the advantage of using carbon fiber props? I saw that even DJI has them for sale on their website.
There's no advantage - but quite a few potential problems..
And the props DJI sells are "carbon fibre reinforced" which is very different from shiny black hard carbon fibre props.
In any case, there's no advantage using them either except they may be a little more durable if you rough them up.

Reactions: fly_it
@Masonmedia I'm fairly new here also and I had the same question about the props. The awesome people on these forums and DJI dealer I was ordering my P3A from all told me the same thing...stick with the stock DJI props. I'm not into about how far I can fly my P3A and I'm not worried about any small performance improvement or anything like that, that the carbon fiber props might or might not do so the white DJI props have been just fine for me. I did invest in a prop balancer though. Happy flying!!

Tracker

Reactions: Masonmedia

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik