P3 Pro or P3 Advanced

Reaction score
Apple doesn't sell the P3 Pro only the P3 Advanced, P3 Standard and the P4....Looking to buy my 1st bird and was wondering if there is a huge difference between the P3 Standard and the P3 Advanced besides a couple a hundred bucks? For my 1st bird I can't really see myself buying the 4. A friend of mine in the neighborhood had a buddy over yesterday and he had a P3 Pro. He flew it over a mile away to another friends house completely out of site and I was really amazed as he hit the RTH button and 5 mins later it came flying right back to us. Don't know why Apple doesn't sell the Pro model. Would I be happy with the P3 Advanced or should I spend a little more and get the Pro? The only difference I can tell is the option of 4K video over 720. Don't believe it would make that much difference to me and I could save some money on my 1st purchase. My son bought a 3DR Solo a month ago. I can see a huge difference with the Lightbridge technology over the WiFi. Thoughts???

You can compare the specs of both Phantom models here.

As you will see in the specs, Wi-Fi has 1/3 the range of Lightbridge. Is that important to you? Only you can decide.

Reactions: liketogethigh
wondering if there is a huge difference between the P3 Standard and the P3 Advanced besides a couple a hundred bucks?
The only difference I can tell is the option of 4K video over 720.
I can see a huge difference with the Lightbridge technology over the WiFi. Thoughts???
The only difference between the Advanced and Pro is the Advanced has 2.7K video and the Pro has 4K.
The difference between the Standard and the Advanced is Lightbridge which is about 10 times better than wifi.

You definitely want lightbridge over wifi if distance is your thing, if you also want 4k videos then you need the pro, if like me you weren't that bothered with 4k or don't have any 4k devices to view the videos on then the advanced is more than adequate

Personally, I think the Phantom 3 Advanced offers the best value for money.
For the difference in price between P3S and P3A; the Lightbridge and RC camera controls are excellent value.
Yes, the Professional has 4K video recording, a quicker charger and superior live video transmission; if your pockets are deep enough.
I couldn't justify the extra to myself. I don't have a 4K display, and I don't intend to use FPV goggles.
Besides, an Advanced can be upgraded to Professional with a new 4K Pro Camera/Gimbal and firmware replacement.

You definitely want lightbridge over wifi if distance is your thing, if you also want 4k videos then you need the pro, if like me you weren't that bothered with 4k or don't have any 4k devices to view the videos on then the advanced is more than adequate
I believe it will be the advanced model for me for my 1st drone purchase. 4K isn't important right now and Lightbridge I believe is a must.

I believe it will be the advanced model for me for my 1st drone purchase. 4K isn't important right now and Lightbridge I believe is a must.

Your in the same situation I was in, I chose the advanced and am more than happy, never had any regrets not stretching to a pro

My father has the PRO and I have the Advance. If I did it all over again.. I'd still go with the Advance. 2.7k video recording is great (note that iMovie will NOT export into 2.7k for whatever dumb reason) but scaled down to 1080 one can't complain!

Awesome toy to have for sure! I wouldn't mess with the crappy wifi version they sell. My P2V+ was wifi based and it... sucked. Light bridge FTW!

I got my case at MCM Electronics - $42 shipped.

IMG_0505_zps95h0shpl.png

IMG_0512_zpscqfmlzsf.jpg

My father has the PRO and I have the Advance. If I did it all over again.. I'd still go with the Advance. 2.7k video recording is great (note that iMovie will NOT export into 2.7k for whatever dumb reason) but scaled down to 1080 one can't complain!

Awesome toy to have for sure! I wouldn't mess with the crappy wifi version they sell. My P2V+ was wifi based and it... sucked. Light bridge FTW!

IMG_0505_zps95h0shpl.png

IMG_0512_zpscqfmlzsf.jpg
The guy I watched flying his P3 Pro yesterday had the same case. Think I'll order one of them also. Thnx for the feedback

I totally agree. I bought a P3A then got a P3P just a week later based on some "future proof" advice. I have started to fly the P3P recently and I set the P3P camera to 2.7k or mostly 1080p: it is good enough for my eyes and I don't have time to do any 4k video mod. So my P3A is still in box, 0 flight, battery 0 charge and I got it at $629. PM me if you want it.

IMG_0505_zps95h0shpl.png

IMG_0512_zpscqfmlzsf.jpg
Any chance you have the model # of the case. They have about 15 different ones in all sizes listed. Lol

I totally agree. I bought a P3A then got a P3P just a week later based on some "future proof" advice. I have started to fly the P3P recently and I set the P3P camera to 2.7k or mostly 1080p: it is good enough for my eyes and I don't have time to do any 4k video mod. So my P3A is still in box, 0 flight, battery 0 charge and I got it at $629. PM me if you want it.
I tried but not sure where the PM button is.

Longhorn, the 22 inch case is the most commonly used MCM case.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik