P3 Pro not updating

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope you can help, not sure exactly what I'm doing wrong.

My phantom tells me I need: An aircraft, battery, and gimble update.

I'm updating from: Professional - Phantom 3 Professional Firmware Updates
(the 2015-12-22 update)

I've updated before so I'm trying to figure out why it isn't working now.

My process: format SD card, completely clear it. Put bin file in root directory of card. Turn controller and app on. Insert SD card into drone, turn drone on.
Nothing happens :(

Did I do something wrong? Thanks.

It should just work if it's worked before. Makes me think something else is wrong. Have you crashed or replaced anything?

Try following these instructions.

If that does not help, then please give us some more information:

- Which firmware is installed now?
- Which firmware are you trying to install?
- Do you see a TXT file on your memory card after you attempt to install it? If so, please post it here.

msinger, Should the instructions say format the SD card with the Dji-Go app. Then copy the bin file to the SD card?

I'm not sure what the last firmware I updated was. And no I don't see a txt file.. not even an "unsuccessful" one. I'll check the link you posted and report back.

I've also never crashed it or anything

EDIT: May have found the issue. I might have to instal v1.3.20 first. I'll try that now.

Sorry, I 'am very picky, If I was reading this my first thought would be to format with the computer, since that would be most convenient just before coping the bin file. As I have been reading, best results are formatting with the app.

If I was reading this my first thought would be to format with the computer
I always manually delete the files from the memory card. But, I've tried formatting the memory card both ways and noticed no difference. Formatting the memory card is really an unnecessary step.

Hum

What in the world is wrong?
Please answer my other two questions above. You can find the currently installed firmware versions in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of the DJI GO app.

Now, how about question #2? :D

What is the name of the BIN file when you view it on the root of your memory card?

Did you try a different memory card?

Not yet but that was my next step. I don't think this is the original memory card that came with the phantom. Only problem is I have 5 others I use all mixed together and I don't see any distinguishing features on them that would indicate it was the drones original one. Are there any telling factors?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj