P3 pro motors hot

Reaction score
I have noticed every time I fly my P3pro the motors are extremely hot. I have 2 P1s and they don't get hot at all. Has anyone else noticed this and might it be a future problem with motors overheating?

Reactions: AbsPapa
I have noticed every time I fly my P3pro the motors are extremely hot. I have 2 P1s and they don't get hot at all. Has anyone else noticed this and might it be a future problem with motors overheating?
Mine get a little warm but not hot.-- They will heat a little after the props stop, What is hot? over 120 degrees F? If they are consistently overheating, then that may be an indication of excessive resistence or possibly a loose connection. I do some bench testing with the copter anchored and the props on and the motors and camera assembly actually stay relatively cool--.

They're different motors, different props, different ECU than a P1. Are you flying in the sun, on hot days?

Don't know the temp, but to hot to touch. All of the motors the same
I would say that is an issue that should be investigated before you do much more flying. I would bench test it under different prop loads at different spends for about 3 minutes and then take the motor temps with an IR thermometer.
Don't bench test it with the props on if you don't know how to do it safely.
If they are overheating, then you need to send it in or get it repaired locally if someone is available in your area to check it out and do the repairs..

Yes I do fly in the heat, (not much choice in Florida- 95 f ) I do fly around dusk also, cools to 85 lol. Bought from dealer in Atlanta, 6 hrs away. Can't get DJI techs on phone.

I'm in Dallas and my engines get relatively warm but they seem within acceptable limits. Definately run hotter than the P2. If you look at the coils, they're machine wrapped vs. hand so I think they produce more energy thus run hotter. I would recommend not pushing the flight envelope and or turning your gains down to 90% to back off some power input.

Will try that. Never thought of that but it should help some. I don't fly fast as I do filming mostly so fly slower
Thanks

What's hot to you? Mine run between 20 and 30 degrees F over ambient after a normal flight.

Well, to update, after more flying I can confirm that they do get very war. I would say hot. If I put my fingers on them after a flight they don't burn my fingers but almost. I agree it's strange dji would design them to run at that temp. but what can you do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.