P3 pro motor issue . Melted mount

Reaction score
IMG_9370.JPG
IMG_9371.JPG
I have had a issue with one ccw motor loosing its prop when flying causing it to turn over and fly to ground. Have tried new props and all with same results. Can huver for long time just fine, but when try to go forward,backwards, or up, prop flys off and down it goes upside down. Took apart the covers and found that the motor has melted the mounting arm and bolt holes. Any ideas of why and how do i repair this. I ordered a new motor and complete case but dont understand why this happened and how do i check rest of motors so dosnt happen again. Also checked roatation of motor and was turning the right direction and was. Do not understand how prop could fly off. The threads are good and have tried on other motor with ok operation. Threads on bad motor is good also. Can motor in flight change directions and unscrew ? Thanks..

That motor is seriously getting HOT! Bad motor bearings is a great suggestion. A motor shaft, with a bad bearing, will be very hard to turn. The windings will work very hard getting that prop to turn and get super hot. Hense the melted plastic. ALSO, because the bearings are binding so much, the motor will most likely stop, rather than coasting to a slower speed. Possibly even stop when going fast and asked to go slow, during a direction change. This abrupt stop causes the blade to unscrew? Just my thoughts, but that motor is super hot for SOME reason!

Thanks ! I ordered new motor and case. Just dont understand blade unscrewing!! Motor still turns free like rest but ill buy the bering deal when gets hot . Im just scared when dont really have a good idea whats causing the blade to unscrew. Be bad a few miles away and never comming back home! 1000 dollars down the drain

A lot of times motor bearings when cold will feel normal,,and things will tighten up when it starts to warm up,I think you'll be fine with changing the motor,, check your prop hub for thread damage,,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik