P3 Pro digital noise/grain on video

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently got the P3 pro and was pretty happy with everything (minus a few glitches), however all of a sudden my video quality is grainy and looks like digital noise, anyone else experience this and/or know how to fix it? I have a job to do in 3 days and if i don't figure it out I'm hooped!

Are you copying the file to your computer from the microSD card? I had the same issue when trying to play the files directly from the card. If that's not it, then it's most likely a problem with the microSD card or the computer playing back the file isn't fast enough.

the sensor doesnt do really well in low light. not necessarily at night. cloudy days even.

I can almost guarantee that this is a playback/computer issue. Currently I experience exactly what you're talking about if I play files on my Mac using VLC. If I play them using Quicktime, especially in fullscreen, I have no issues at all and it plays smooth as butter.

Yo, az116, thx for the info. I bought a "better" Sandisk 32 gb micro card and set the image size larger. Still got blurring/artifacts when I played back on iPad. However when I imported file into Mac and played on QT & itunes it was better. Yet when I imported into final cut Pro x I got the "noise" again, but when I exported to Apple devices (1080) it smoothed out.
Any more input you can share?

Also, for what it's worth, I was getting "weak transmission signal" and camera didn't work. I upgraded to ios 9.3.2 on iPad & iPhone 6s plus and everything's fine.

This could be any number of issues. We can only speculate with any help until we see video of what it is you are seeing. Outside of that I would guess a loose small wire harness connection or the same with the flat gimbal cable.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4