P3 Pro battery mod to use non stock batteries internally

Reaction score
was wondering if its possible to do a mod where you put the smart board from a stock battery inside the quad and use batteries like Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 4S or the 6000 mah... fit inside the stock battery compartment. i have searched everywhere and cant find info on this for p3... i would be interested even if i can only use a battery equal to the p3 battery because it is much cheaper. thank you for any help or battery recomendations for ones that will fit inside the stock bay I do not mind some modification.

read this topic friend.
Dual Battery Mod
remember that pt3's batt is LIHV, 4.35V/cell, not normal lipo ( 4.2V/cell)
according to the topic above, Hyperion G6 HV 4s 2400mah is the best choice, only 203-210g each.

the dual battery mod on the outside of the bird is nice where you combine 2 small cells with the stock cell to make it like dual batterys when you are actually running 3 but id rather run a single battery pack i dont mind the stock flight times i just hate to have to pay so much for new batterys. id like a drop in replacement cell that is as much or a little bit more mah that will fit in the stock compartment on the phantom 3. i dont mind mounting the smart board internally so the battery could be a little longer or even stick out the back a bit i could make a custom door for that. im really just wondering if its as simple as sticking in the smart board inside the phantom and wiring it up then adding connectors for the standard lhv battey pack? please give suggestions of brand/pack battery replacement i want to eliminate teh stock cells all together i see you recomended a 2400 mah battery pack will 2 fit int he battery compartment?

Last edited:
As Cuong44 said, read that thread

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

it doesnt address any of that though... it appears to use the stock and 2 other batteries really doesnt give a lot of details on the technical side of things... and theres no talk about a internal battery mod not using the stock cell im confused why there isnt more info on this i would think most people would prefer to pay 50-75 bucks for batteres vs 120-150. i dont see any walk through on a internal mod other than the stealth mod and there arent a lot of details about this all the battery mods use the stock battery with stock cell so when stock cell dies it seems useless why not just make the board a permanent part of the phantom 3 and use other batteries im just asking what is a drop in replacement that will fit in the compartment same mah or even better a little bigger... a specific battery

Reactions: loganlexow
it doesnt address any of that though... it appears to use the stock and 2 other batteries really doesnt give a lot of details on the technical side of things... and theres no talk about a internal battery mod not using the stock cell im confused why there isnt more info on this i would think most people would prefer to pay 50-75 bucks for batteres vs 120-150. i dont see any walk through on a internal mod other than the stealth mod and there arent a lot of details about this all the battery mods use the stock battery with stock cell so when stock cell dies it seems useless why not just make the board a permanent part of the phantom 3 and use other batteries im just asking what is a drop in replacement that will fit in the compartment same mah or even better a little bigger... a specific battery
pls read the thread again, scroll down, read careful. page 40, read MVodhanel's Comment.
that's what you need. it's not adding 2 batts on the sides, he replaced stock batt by 2 other batts. still keep stock batt's board.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic