P3 Pro - any way to force FCC signal strength?

Reaction score
Hi

I have used my P3 Pro for work, but since DJI has reduced transmit power through last updates, my P3 is totally useless to me. I need to be able to fly long range in Europe as I was doing last year (up to 4 miles) but now I start to experiment weak signal after less than 400 feet...

It is not a Pro tool anymore but just a toy! At that price, we should be able to force the transmit power at our own risk to make it usable in Pro environment!

I saw some post on this great forum about tricks to do it for the P3 std, but nothing for the Pro. Any suggestion before I move to other brand what I would like to avoid since I was pleased with DJI?

Thx

Phil

Hi,i also like long range flights. Ive gotten 3 phantoms now,2 advanced and now a p3p and i always use a homemade device i build myself to extennd the distances i can fly. Its just a reflector i made that sits on the remoteco trol behind the anttennas. It gives me alot better travel distance. Type something like "homemade distance extender for phantom" and you should be able to get some cheap,doityourself ideas. Good Luck!

I would suggest you look at your setup / using , with latest firmware software i am get way way more than 400 feet

There is a software hack someone posted that will convert the CE P3 to a FCC P3. I will try to find it. The guy who has the info on how to do it is charging for the instructions though. But those who have done it says it definitely works. He even shows the wattage output before and after on a power meter.

There is a software hack someone posted that will convert the CE P3 to a FCC P3. I will try to find it. The guy who has the info on how to do it is charging for the instructions though. But those who have done it says it definitely works. He even shows the wattage output before and after on a power meter.
The difference between a CE and FCC Phantom is not miles and 400 feet. There is something wrong with the OP's setup. Instead of throwing out random bits the OP needs to tell us

- exactly what version of software (aircraft, RC, Go App) he is using and when the 'downgrading' occurred
- what model RC (300 A, B or C) and aircraft
- any aftermarket gizmos
- what would really be nice is a comparable flight to see if this is really a repeatable phenomenon.
- that he has looked carefully at the Phantom and RC and doesn't see any bits dangling off or loose.
- that there hasn't been any interval changes in the aircraft, i.e., crashing

People have reported loss of range after some firmware 'updates' but it has been sporadic and I've not seen any recently.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4