P3 Less Prone to Flyaway?

Reaction score
Having lost TWO Vision Two+ drones in the last few years due to flyaways, I am not going to buy another. Do people tend to think that the P3 or the Inspire are less likely to disappear over the treetops? I really miss doing my aerial shooting, but can't keep chucking $1200 down the drain...

Very few have flown away. There are more stories of them dropping like rocks from the sky.

Yeeps. That is SO not what I was hoping to hear.
the rock..nod.gif

Reactions: BigAl07
Hah, well, there is a lot of pilot error involved in almost all of those crashes.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hah, well, there is a lot of pilot error involved in almost all of those crashes.
I'm sorry but his response was funny :)
LMAO

Reactions: Reed L
The truth hurts? :D

The video was funny, for sure. So far, I think I will stick to renting a bucket truck by the day. Cost = $250, altitude limit = 50 feet. Very rarely does a bucket truck fly away over the tree line.

The best crashes were the P2 fly away's or the loss of signal message before RTH was brought in and it auto-landed in the volcano or on the freeway, etc. The P3's are so much nicer with a few op's choosing to drop theirs from above :rolleyes:

The best crashes were the P2 fly away's or the loss of signal message before RTH was brought in and it auto-landed in the volcano or on the freeway, etc. The P3's are so much nicer with a few op's choosing to drop theirs from above :rolleyes:
See, I would go for dropping into a volcano, IF I could get the darn chip back, at least. The footage might be worth it.

The video was funny, for sure. So far, I think I will stick to renting a bucket truck by the day. Cost = $250, altitude limit = 50 feet. Very rarely does a bucket truck fly away over the tree line.
The problem is with the bucket. Sometimes when they are maxed out, the arm comes off of the limit and it sticks there. So you have to get it rocking or emergency power down, or there's the smart a$$ that walks by when you're not looking and flips the power switch to ground and walks away... lol. Been there, stuck in the air 120' up, until another "friend" flipped the power switch back up to bucket... lol. You can go into a rental yard and test the high lifts for free usually. 59217_105134239547758_94236_n.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
So far, I think I will stick to renting a bucket truck by the day. Cost = $250, altitude limit = 50 feet. Very rarely does a bucket truck fly away over the tree line.
Well if ya go that route be sure and RTM
280e25977a45a8da7f580adebf64de60.jpg

Well if ya go that route be sure and RTM
View attachment 38886
I was one of the manlift teachers for Sierra Pacific Lumber Company. There were too many days when I would put a guy in the air by himself and watch him turn white and freeze up... lol. I still have friends that remind me of when I would yell from the ground for them to Breathe and think about where they are. I never could understand that, I mean there you are in the air, in a bucket by yourself, with nobody around, and your free to do what you want, there's no pressure on you at all. It's just a test... lol. Breathe... 59217_105134242881091_988580_n.jpg 59217_105134246214424_3915665_n.jpg 59217_105134252881090_1909372_n.jpg

The problem is with the bucket. Sometimes when they are maxed out, the arm comes off of the limit and it sticks there. So you have to get it rocking or emergency power down, or there's the smart a$$ that walks by when you're not looking and flips the power switch to ground and walks away... lol. Been there, stuck in the air 120' up, until another "friend" flipped the power switch back up to bucket... lol. You can go into a rental yard and test the high lifts for free usually. View attachment 38887
Yeah, and when a bucket truck tips over it is much worse than a drone crash, specially for anybody underneath it.

Just buy a p3s for the cost of 2 1/2 days and get real areal video. The ones dropping from the sky are mostly battery cold weather related which the last update repaired. Also set a max distance and your drone will not leave that area

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4