P3 Lens Removal???

Reaction score
This is driving me nuts. I received my Polar Pro lens today however I can't get the dam lens off. I spent 35 minutes and no luck, tried a rubber band, a little squeezing ugh. It can't be this hard. Any other suggestions? I'm done for the night, I'll try it again tomorrow.

Wet your fingers slightly (lick them :rolleyes:) then dry them off a bit and while holding the rectangular back of the camera, turn the UV filter counterclockwise. All you want is a slightly sticky grip. It should unscrew. Be gentle, it's soft aluminium.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Wet your fingers slightly (lick them :rolleyes:) then dry them off a bit and while holding the rectangular back of the camera, turn the UV filter counterclockwise. All you want is a slightly sticky grip. It should unscrew. Be gentle, it's soft aluminium.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. It looks like it just might be cross threaded, its never been removed. The gap between the filter is different one side to the other just slightly but its their

I had that problem of cross-threading all the time years ago with a Nikon F. Hold the back of the camera and apply steady pressure to both sides of the filter, making sure that one of your thumbs is at the raised point of the filter. It should pop back into its thread. Then unscrew it as I suggested.

I should also add that once it is off, you should re-thread it by starting backwards (counterclockwise) until you feel the threads align. then screw it back on. If you do this a few time it will help re-groove the thread.

I had the exact same problem and everybody on the site advise me to use very little pressure and hold it by the very edge. I thought I had the only lens that wasn't going to unscrew. However… That's just what it took; try using light pressure and holding it just by the edge of the lens and don't put any pressure on the threads. Trust me, it works!

Thanks, I'll give it a shot tomorrow. It looks like it just might be cross threaded, its never been removed. The gap between the filter is different one side to the other just slightly but its their

I have to assume you tried the string that came with the filters? Mine was super tight however it finally came off.

If you want someone else to try let me know, not too far in Chester Springs.

I have to assume you tried the string that came with the filters? Mine was super tight however it finally came off.

If you want someone else to try let me know, not too far in Chester Springs.

No I haven't I'll have to give that a shot. My brother lives in Chester Springs.....Elbo Lane

This is driving me nuts. I received my Polar Pro lens today however I can't get the dam lens off. I spent 35 minutes and no luck, tried a rubber band, a little squeezing ugh. It can't be this hard. Any other suggestions? I'm done for the night, I'll try it again tomorrow.

I used this method i saw in another forum:

Tape black electrical tape around the lens cap, just only on the filter, it gives you more grip. I tried for over twenty minutes and i couldnt get it off, till i used this method.

But be careful though, don't let the tape stick on the UV filter, if not you have to spend alot of time cleaning away the sticky gunk.

Try to get it very cold first. Put it over the air vent if you have floor vents. Mine came off very easily.

I had same problem tried all of the above also tried a pencil eraser (rubber) pushed against the end of the lens cap and turned. This was over two days. In the end I put two saw cuts across the end cap a placed a scissor blade in the slots, even then it was tight and I could feel the threads biting as it came off. I would have had no chance of getting it off with fingers. I'm convinced it was cross threaded. The lens cap was trashed but don't need it with my new set of Tacos. Really hope you don't have this problem.

I'm back to say the lens protector did NOT win. After another 30 minutes of rubber bands and a few other things I put the Phantom into a chest freezer for 10 minutes. A little thermodynamics did the trick. As soon as I removed it from the freezer I wrapped my finger around just the lens protector to warm it up a bit hoping for a little expansion. That did the trick and it turned like butter

I don't know, nothing like a good bike on an open flat/slightly downhill road with a breeze...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers