P3 IMU Unable to Calibrate, just back from DJI PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Just got my P3 Adv back from DJI, I had a new casing fitted due to motor mount cracks. I noticed that they gave a brand new radio - not sure why as the returned radio worked fine. I had to Link the RC before being able to fire up the DJI GO app so that tells me that the Phantom hadn't been test flown since repair.

I updated to the latest 1.6 firmware on the Phantom and the RC is at 1.5.70. I can't for the life of my get the IMU to calibrate, the APP is showing red and says that I need to calibrate. everything else in the app works as normal, the IMU gets to 1% and tells me because of an unknown error the calibration has been aborted. I have also tried going back to 1.5 and even 1.3 firmwares but still get the same errors.

I have tried various locations away from all electric equipment and also tried 2 different batteries and letting is fully cool down, but nothing works.

Any ideas ?

took a few screens shots: on the map on these screen shots, is a location about quarter of a mile from my house where I am, the home position appears to be shown as the last place I carried out a RTH.

Attachments

• IMU1.PNG
    IMU1.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 784
  • IMU2.PNG
    IMU2.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 535
have you tried putting it outside in the cold and then calibrating IMU on flat level surface?
check your small cables, the 6 pin and 8 pin and make sure they are seated correctly.

have you tried putting it outside in the cold and then calibrating IMU on flat level surface?
check your small cables, the 6 pin and 8 pin and make sure they are seated correctly.

Thanks I haven't tried it outside yet due to the wet weather, I have it in a cold cupboard at the moment to try and get it down to lower than room temp then I'll try again. Are you referring to the cables on the gimbal to check ?

Thanks I haven't tried it outside yet due to the wet weather, I have it in a cold cupboard at the moment to try and get it down to lower than room temp then I'll try again. Are you referring to the cables on the gimbal to check ?
Yes check the gimbal connections. Make sure you have a level surface for your imu calibration, I use a bubble level on a hard kitchen tile to find the most level one. Have your IMU calibration screen ready to go and once you connect the quad with RC start IMU dont wait.
Good luck.

Reactions: Raymondkerr
Yes check the gimbal connections. Make sure you have a level surface for your imu calibration, I use a bubble level on a hard kitchen tile to find the most level one. Have your IMU calibration screen ready to go and once you connect the quad with RC start IMU dont wait.
Good luck.

Dear Friends: I too have experienced with P3P the UNKNOWN ERROR message and 1% IMU calibration issue. I've put the P3P into the freezer as suggested by DJI Tekkie..for an hour. Nada. I've tapped the unit. Nada. I've done the battery slap recommendation. NADA. i've checked all connections. Nothing works. I've been told that one can remove the IMU block but a YOU TUBE suggestion shows a differing IMU construction..than what I found. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY LEGITIMATE SUGGESTION?

Attachments

• 56357685986__E961CDD9-6E06-47C8-9B2A-BE68229945DB.jpg
    56357685986__E961CDD9-6E06-47C8-9B2A-BE68229945DB.jpg
    681.2 KB · Views: 236

I too have experienced with P3P the UNKNOWN ERROR message and 1% IMU calibration issue. I've put the P3P into the freezer for an hour. I've tapped the unit on many sides..Nada. I've taken off the top shell and insured all connections were tight. The IMU block is different than seen in various YOU TUBE channels that suggest to remove it and tap. It is not removable it seems. PLEASE ANY SUGGESTIONS THAT may help? thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj