P3 Hard landing - Weak connection

Reaction score
Good day all,

Recently while flying my drone in China I became a bit to ambitious with my drone and it suffered a hard landing. It wasn't enough to inflict serious damage, however after that incident the video feed is quite choppy and the WiFi range has been reduced by 75% with frequent "lost signal". I'm assuming a wire has been knocked lose or one of the 2 WiFi antennas in the drone has been completely disconnected. Has anyone ever had this problem and resolved it by taking apart the drone and fixing it? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Jonah,

The WiFi is the black and grey coaxial cables that plug into your upper gimbal. Two Phillip screws hold the cover to each connection in the gimbal. They then go up into the phantom body. In the body they are hard connected each to it's own disk like thing that is the antenna. Take the top off the phantom body. When you disconnect it from the gimbal, you can then carefully pull it up through the phantom body. The antennas are sticky taped in and will come loose. They cost about $20 US. The only thing that can get loose is at the gimbal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan