P3 Hacking the network

Reaction score
Hey, has anyone had any luck in connecting to the Lightbridge WiFi the P3 Advanced supposedly has integrated? I tried to find it in my wlan, but I did not see its SSID. I guess it is hidden.... Anyone?

Lightbridge is not your daddy's wifi. It is a 2.4 GHz channel.

Reactions: Andrea
It's not anyone's Wi-Fi because it's not Wi-Fi. Not even a distant cousin. Lightbridge uses TDM to merge an FHSS uplink control channel with an OFDM digital video downlink. Telemetry and application data are encoded in the downlink, probably in the audio channels.

Reactions: Jeff48920
Hey :)
First of all, thanks.
Jeff, your argument is nil, I am afraid. WiFi is 2.4GHz (and 5GHz in the newer ones), so that alone does not make it Non-WiFi.
Ian, I was not aware of that and could not find anything about it. The Standard does use WiFi, and you can hack into that, but since the Adv/Pro seems not to, that's that :)
Thanks for the info.

S.

Being on a 2.4 doesn't make it wifi. You're confusing frequencies and protocol. Wifi is 802.11 and work on any sufficiently wide set of channels, such as the very rare 900mhz wifi. On the other hand baby monitors are on 2.4.

Hey :)
First of all, thanks.
Jeff, your argument is nil, I am afraid. WiFi is 2.4GHz (and 5GHz in the newer ones), so that alone does not make it Non-WiFi.
Ian, I was not aware of that and could not find anything about it. The Standard does use WiFi, and you can hack into that, but since the Adv/Pro seems not to, that's that :)
Thanks for the info.

S.
I don't think his argument is nil - 2.4GHz is a big frequency band, and WiFi is a small section of it. So is your microwave oven but that doesn't mean your microwave oven has a WiFi network :)

Reactions: ianwood
You need to read what I write. I said the fact that it is 2.4GHz does NOT make it WiFi. Because 2.4GHz can also be a remote control, a microwave, a phone, bluetooth... you name it. I think you understood it the other way round... (and I am not saying this for argument's sake, it's really just for understanding).

S.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik