P3 firmware downgrade from 1.8

Reaction score
Is this downgrade even possible? It seems all I have tried just fail.
If you have done, please share how you did.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, it can be done. Normally it's as easy as putting the prior FW's bin file on your SD card and using it the same way you would do an normal update.

With 1.8 however, there is an additional concern. If you have 1.6 on your RC, you need to keep 1.8 on your AC -or- you need to downgrade both your RC and your AC. In other words, 1.8 (AC) and 1.6 (RC) both need to be installed. You can't have one or the other.

What do you have on your RC?

I have now 1.5 on my Rc. I downgraded from 1.6 which is the latest

The process to put 1.6 fw in sd card and restarting the aircraft does nothing. That has been my issue.

Have you tried downgrade from 1.8?

The process to put 1.6 fw in sd card and restarting the aircraft does nothing. That has been my issue.

The 1.8 release notes state that 1.8 can only be downgraded to 1.7 so the 1.6 you have been trying will not work. Try 1.7 on the AC and it should work for you.

Notes:
- The firmware can be downgraded to v1.7.0060.

I wish I had the pro. The advanced release notes doesn't say that it can be downgraded.

42e7921bb7b4316b6ed0bcb4d22f483e.jpg

I wish I had the pro. The advanced release notes doesn't say that it can be downgraded.

The Advanced can be downgraded exactly the same way. This is not new. For quite a while now we have the ability to downgrade one previous version on both the P3A and the P3P. You shouldn't let DJI's well known poor communication discourage you. Of course as always it's your choice or not to try, but if you leave 1.8 on your AC you will need to put 1.6 back on your RC. Good luck.

Last edited:
Why do you guys even downgrade ? Are there some errors made in latest firmwares ?

Will try again tonight. Will format my sd card and load the 1.7 again although I already tried before. Thanks for all support. I am downgrading as after I upgrade to 1.8 ac and 1.6 rc, the distance I can fly reduced from 3k to 1k . This is my issues.

Did everything again. No difference. Reported to dji support who answered the question. The p3pro is allowed to downgrde. The advanced dont.

Did everything again. No difference. Reported to dji support who answered the question. The p3pro is allowed to downgrade. The advanced dont.

That's not right, I did mine 4 days ago.I downgraded fromv1.8.80 to v1.7.0060. Trust me it works. The issue I had with 1.8 was at a short distance having weak transmitter signal and like you said the range was cut. After downgradig my quad and RC I flew 9400' without getting signal issue.
Now how to downgrade.
Have your SD card formatted.( If your bird is already on 1.8) Put the 1.7.0060 file on SD card and insert onto quad. And for the rest I followed Andy's tutorial
I can positively say it worked for me. Do the bird first and than downgrade RC firmware by going to graduate hat and holding for 10 sec. Let me know if that worked for you.

Did everything again. No difference. Reported to dji support who answered the question. The p3pro is allowed to downgrde. The advanced dont.
As I noted earlier, the P3A and the P3P can both be downgraded the same way.
Just as you can't trust DJI to communicate well in release notes, DJI has also proven many times that you also can't trust their customer service to give correct information. This is another example.

That's not right, I did mine 4 days ago.I downgraded fromv1.8.80 to v1.7.0060. Trust me it works. The issue I had with 1.8 was at a short distance having weak transmitter signal and like you said the range was cut. After downgradig my quad and RC I flew 9400' without getting signal issue.
Now how to downgrade.
Have your SD card formatted.( If your bird is already on 1.8) Put the 1.7.0060 file on SD card and insert onto quad. And for the rest I followed Andy's tutorial
I can positively say it worked for me. Do the bird first and than downgrade RC firmware by going to graduate hat and holding for 10 sec. Let me know if that worked for you.

Do you have advanced or pro ?

sure. You are all RIGHT. For some reason I didn't what the video.

So, you have to put de sd card + press the rc link, and then power on the drone. IT WORKS..... I am so happy.

P3 Advanced
P3 Advanced
I spent almost a month by looking everywhere, even I opened a thread how to downgrade to previews firmware but I didn't get any help. I started look in internet but still couldn't find anything useful. And finally I watched Andy's video about reinstalling the firmware, after watching I decided instead of putting same FW I put previews one and it worked like a charm. Go head and do it. It helps a lot. I've been saying something was wrong with 1.8 firmware, but some folks were disagree with me. Matter of fact in my case I saw the difference. 1.8 short range, horrible video feed, keep losing signal at 2000', weak transmission signal - after downgrade none of this issues.
P3 Advanced

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1