P3 Downloaded photos have lines

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am getting lines in my photos which look like corruption or incomplete downloads. I'm a newbie so hoping I'm missing something and any suggestions welcome. Video is sometimes choppy at first then smooths out. So my main problem appears to be photos. I'm using the standard miniSD card that came with the P3 standard.

I have a P3 standard. I use a macbook to connect to the mini USB port and download photos. The pics are set to default RAW format in the iPhone app.

1. Is there a setting I should consider or other fix?
2. Is there a better way to download other than the mini-usb? Is that causing the issue?

Photo examples included below.

Thanks!

bb32ec3ff0560fce4662736d71193467.jpg

8087bfd390e59deb61317dab5b9dde68.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: With The Birds
Thanks for the reply - how did you work with the warranty? I bought off Amazon. Did you go through DJI directly?

I took it back to the retailer who (reluctantly) replaced the camera while i waited. Initially they tried to fob me off to the importer and later tried to insist the phantom would.need to stay with them pending warranty approval and a camera being supplied to them. I needed to educate them in consumer rights.

In your case i would ask amazon for a new phantom if you have only had it a short time.

Perfect. I wrote the vendor and they said to do a return via Amazon's return policy. Thanks for your insight.

You said you downloaded via a cable. This might be obvious, but have you tried pulling out the card and using a card reader? Maybe its corruption introduced through USB download.

Also, are you using a quality high-speed card?
Do you get the corruption on JPG images?
Maybe the card just can't keep up with the data transfer speed.

I attempted through the reader as well and still had the problem. I attempted to reformat the mini sd on my Mac but still had issues. I swapped out for a SanDisk Ultra 32gb HC-1 (as card pictured) but the P3 errored saying the card was not readable - even after multiple reformat tries. My last effort was purchasing an additional card. 32 Gb SanDisk Elevate 95mb/s read and 90 mb/s write (packaging photo below) and this new card seems to have fixed the issue! Download is faster and Vid and pics download successfully and with quality. This was with one test one evening this week. I'll test more this weekend to make sure the problem is fixed.

Thanks for your input - really appreciated!
6a75a5bd56500fc3d371e32e3e0db4e3.jpg

33eb89e007591cd591cda286ba71f2df.jpg

5d577a0c884d065c602dcf8818b673da.jpg

tlhintoq- meant to say - I think your suggestion for a high quality card was the fix to this issue - so thanks for that

Good luck..... In my case the camera produced the same issue as you have in the posted sample. I had thought it was corrected by an SD card swap however it returned and ultimately the camera needed to be replaced.

Thanks, Birds... Agree. I'm a little suspicious that it is only the card so I'm going to try and do a lot of vid and pics especially since you had a similar issue. Thanks again!

Thanks, Birds... Agree. I'm a little suspicious that it is only the card so I'm going to try and do a lot of vid and pics especially since you had a similar issue. Thanks again!

The issue is most likely to occur in an image towards the centre of a series taken for a Pano stitch or it will be some other image you really want. It was very frustrating. I would be swapping for new, you don't need this uncertainty with reliability and future performance.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20