P3 delivered to wrong address

Reaction score
Waited all day for my package to find out it was 'successfully' shipped and signed off to someone else at a different address. Then they tell me I have to wait till Monday. I requested to speak to a manager about this issue, no manager returned my call. It seems they don't care. The woman on the phone even gave me some attitude saying oh this doesn't resolve in 15 minutes Kevin. I'm like, oh and it's my fault your companies employee screwed up? I most likely won't get my package back! She goes silent. For those who shop online, don't use.

What is the procedure usually when a package is lost? They best pay me my money back.

Waited all day for my package to find out it was 'successfully' shipped and signed off to someone else at a different address. Then they tell me I have to wait till Monday. I requested to speak to a manager about this issue, no manager returned my call. It seems they don't care. The woman on the phone even gave me some attitude saying oh this doesn't resolve in 15 minutes Kevin. I'm like, oh and it's my fault your companies employee screwed up? I most likely won't get my package back! She goes silent. For those who shop online, don't use.

What is the procedure usually when a package is lost? They best pay me my money back.
tumblr_nozbavrxe51ro8ysbo1_500.gif What was in the package? Who was the shipper? Are you talking about a P3. Who was the shipper. don't believe anyone here has the foggiest on the procedure when a package is lost. IOW-- give some details.:D:D Cheeers

View attachment 34097 What was in the package? Who was the shipper? Are you talking about a P3. Who was the shipper. don't believe anyone here has the foggiest on the procedure when a package is lost. IOW-- give some details.:D:D Cheeers

Well I bought the Phantom 3 Pro from DJI's official website. They used DHL for the shipping service. When I saw the information saying it was signed, it wasn't by me. The initials of DNK was shown. Clearly that's not me. I was very upset over the phone and more so when I noticed they didn't seem to care much to find the package asap. Then making me wait till Monday now for them to track it down which by now, it's pointless. The person has it at their house, opened it up and now using it I'm sure. So hopefully I get my money back.

Well I bought the Phantom 3 Pro from DJI's official website. They used DHL for the shipping service. When I saw the information saying it was signed, it wasn't by me. The initials of DNK was shown. Clearly that's not me. I was very upset over the phone and more so when I noticed they didn't seem to care much to find the package asap. Then making me wait till Monday now for them to track it down which by now, it's pointless. The person has it at their house, opened it up and now using it I'm sure. So hopefully I get my money back.
I am sure that DHL is totally responsible for providing you with a new P3 in the Box since they obviously delivered it to the wrong address. They would be totally insured for this kind of error. Call them on Monday and find out when they will make it good. By the way, if someone else signed for the package and is using the merchandise, that is a criminal offense in the US.

I am sure that DHL is totally responsible for providing you with a new P3 in the Box since they obviously delivered it to the wrong address. They would be totally insured for this kind of error. Call them on Monday and find out when they will make it good. By the way, if someone else signed for the package and is using the merchandise, that is a criminal offense in the US.

The fact that I have to wait just gets under my skin... Hopefully everything is resolved quickly and I can either get my money back and I'll order another P3P from DJI's website again. I think it's a criminal offense here in Canada as well.

The fact that I have to wait just gets under my skin... Hopefully everything is resolved quickly and I can either get my money back and I'll order another P3P from DJI's website again. I think it's a criminal offense here in Canada as well.
Keep us posted:)

Reactions: Kevin Cabral
I seem to recall this same thing happening several months ago. It was delivered to the wrong house and the wrong guy kept the Phantom. He even spoke with the rightful owner but still didn't give it back. I dont recall if it was DHL. I'll have to find that thread.

I'll keep ya'll posted. Monday morning someone is suppose to call me to investigate this issue. I'll check that thread out right now.

Sorry about your luck. It's especially frustrating after waiting and counting the days for your dream machine to arrive. I'm sure it will get sorted out. I had an eBay package delivered today, not DJI related, by Loomis through DHL. The delivery guy called me in the morning to confirm I would be home at a certain time and if I wasn't what special instructions I may have for drop off. I was impressed by this as no other delivery company has ever called before and would always leave you hanging for the day!

Sorry about your luck. It's especially frustrating after waiting and counting the days for your dream machine to arrive. I'm sure it will get sorted out. I had an eBay package delivered today, not DJI related, by Loomis through DHL. The delivery guy called me in the morning to confirm I would be home at a certain time and if I wasn't what special instructions I may have for drop off. I was impressed by this as no other delivery company has ever called before and would always leave you hanging for the day!

I wish I had that. No one called me. When I called DHL they tried to accuse me in lying sort of. Well that's how I took it. So that made me more angry! lol I just got off the phone with my visa company. They said if DHL won't help me, contact DJI for further instructions on what we can do to get my money back, or re-order the product. If that fails, call my visa company back again and they'll deal with it. Such a headache! :(

I still can't believe some people now a days... Receive a package with my name and info on it, and sign for it! Wow.... I wonder if I can call the police if I find out who it is. See what they can do to punish this person. Maybe a nice big ticket! Make that person think next time.

I wish I had that. No one called me. When I called DHL they tried to accuse me in lying sort of. Well that's how I took it. So that made me more angry! lol I just got off the phone with my visa company. They said if DHL won't help me, contact DJI for further instructions on what we can do to get my money back, or re-order the product. If that fails, call my visa company back again and they'll deal with it. Such a headache! :(

I still can't believe some people now a days... Receive a package with my name and info on it, and sign for it! Wow.... I wonder if I can call the police if I find out who it is. See what they can do to punish this person. Maybe a nice big ticket! Make that person think next time.

I work at a business where we receive a bunch of packages every day and occasionally receive and even open packages intended for our neighbors by accident. You should be frustrated with DHL, but chill out about the person that received it. You have no idea how or why they signed for it. Perhaps they regularly get a bunch of packages... Maybe even frequent DHL deliveries. Perhaps they realized they signed for a package that isn't theirs but they're too busy to drop everything in their life to deliver it to you just because DHL messed up.

Just reset your expectations to be flying your new P3 next weekend instead of today. Otherwise you're just going to have a few rough and bitter few days.

Reactions: dirkclod and Meta4
I work at a business where we receive a bunch of packages every day and occasionally receive and even open packages intended for our neighbors by accident. You should be frustrated with DHL, but chill out about the person that received it. You have no idea how or why they signed for it. Perhaps they regularly get a bunch of packages... Maybe even frequent DHL deliveries. Perhaps they realized they signed for a package that isn't theirs but they're too busy to drop everything in their life to deliver it to you just because DHL messed up.

Just reset your expectations to be flying your new P3 next weekend instead of today. Otherwise you're just going to have a few rough and bitter few days.

You are right, I understand 100%. My thing is, if he opened up the package, realized this package is not for him. Then if he still decides to open the P3P product box, then he's at fault. Right now I'm assuming, but I'm sure if he saw something like that expensive, he's going to try and get away with it.

If DHL is able to recover the package from the location they wrongly shipped it to. Should I have the DHL employee wait at my doorstep while I examine the package? I'm not going to accept the package what so ever if the product box is open. If the product box is open, should I take legal action and get the police involved?

I don't have the $$$ for courts, but if I take legal action, I'd like the police to ticket the person a big fine. So he knows, next time don't be a douchebag

Wow, chill out. There isn't any reason at all to involve the police. Reading your reaction to this situation makes me worried to know that you'll be flying one of these...

Check the package when it comes. Don't sign for it if the phantom's manufacturing package has been opened. It's that simple.

If there is any issue, you can always get your money back through your cc card company for the transaction and then order another one.

I would recommend sending DJI a quick email just to let them know about the situation though so that if it doesn't work out with DHL on Monday or Tuesday, you can follow up on that email. And I would recommend making it more civil and level headed than what you've posted here thus far.

Reactions: Clipper707
Wow, chill out. There isn't any reason at all to involve the police. Reading your reaction to this situation makes me worried to know that you'll be flying one of these...

Check the package when it comes. Don't sign for it if the phantom's manufacturing package has been opened. It's that simple.

If there is any issue, you can always get your money back through your cc card company for the transaction and then order another one.

I would recommend sending DJI a quick email just to let them know about the situation though so that if it doesn't work out with DHL on Monday or Tuesday, you can follow up on that email. And I would recommend making it more civil and level headed than what you've posted here thus far.

Well everyone deals with things different ways. As for me, this is how I am. It bothers me knowing people are like this. Yes I could be assuming, but still it's besides the fact. It's illegal to open up anyone's mail with their name on it. So of course I'll be upset due to it. How I am reacting has nothing to do with me flying these drones. Anyone would react this way. People get mad.

I guess if it were me, I'd probably look at the shipping label... clearly the person that signed for it must have looked at it and POSSIBLY noticed that it wasn't addressed to them. But then again, I'm a HUGE believer that karma can kick you in the *** in a number of ways, so I would have made an effort to get the package to you. That's just me.

Do you know the address of where it was mistakenly delivered?

I guess if it were me, I'd probably look at the shipping label... clearly the person that signed for it must have looked at it and POSSIBLY noticed that it wasn't addressed to them. But then again, I'm a HUGE believer that karma can kick you in the *** in a number of ways, so I would have made an effort to get the package to you. That's just me.

Do you know the address of where it was mistakenly delivered?

Oh I know, it's the right thing to do. I've been hopeful for whoever has it to deliver it to me. So far nothing and no one has come to my door. Years back a package was sent to me from DHL, I was never expecting anything too. He never made me sign nothing and handed it to me. I looked at the address and noticed it's not mine. The dude ends up taking off after. I actually went to the house and dropped it off myself.

I wonder how DHL will track who has it though... If they find who has it and goes to the door to retrieve it. What if the package is open. Does the DHL company take action to the person who unlawfully opened someone's package? I've never ran into a situation like this, so I'm wondering how all this works. I know I'm assuming the package is open. I shouldn't think that way, but I'm just preparing myself for the worse.

Well everyone deals with things different ways. As for me, this is how I am. It bothers me knowing people are like this. Yes I could be assuming, but still it's besides the fact. It's illegal to open up anyone's mail with their name on it. So of course I'll be upset due to it. How I am reacting has nothing to do with me flying these drones. Anyone would react this way. People get mad.
In case you didn't get the message already .. Chill Out.

So a mistake happened and your package was delivered to the wrong address.
Get over it. It won't be the first time something like this has happened and DHL will have a procedure to sort things out.
Stop worrying about it and working yourself into a lather developing assumptions into imaginary scenarios that will involve police.
It will all get sorted out. You've vented and now all that left to do is ... wait patiently.

ps .. I've changed the thread title because having one package mis-delivered (out of the millions they handle) is not an indication that "DHL is so unreliable".
Wait and see how they handle it.

Reactions: Clipper707

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj