P3 controller work with P4?

Reaction score
I'm getting my P4 soon and my P3P controller has a Dbs MOD on it. I was wondering if anyone knew if the controllers are compatible.

I read that they are you just need to link it. I assume your playback button will function as the pause button on the new controller when linked to the P4?

Last edited:
I read that they are you just need to like it. I assume your playback button will function as the pause button on the new controller when linked to the P4?
"...you just need to like it"
Did you mean "try" it?
What's not to like?:confused:

OK. Thank you. I guess the only way to find out is to try it. Lol. Thanks
I will be trying mine, as soon as DJI sees fit to deliver my P4, ordered at 9:15am PST on March 1. The loss of 20% of video power from the P4 is what I am really worried about, compared to the original W323 P3P. The modded transmitter can only amplify the video signal sent out by the aircraft. Losing 20% of that birdside output power is significant at long range.

Has anyone tried this yet?
I will, Friday morning after 10:30am. :D However, others have already reported it's working for them. Not sure if the switch and button changes happen automatically through the DJI GO app, but there are no new buttons or switches, just a reassignment of the programming and functionality of a few, from the P3P RC's.

It will def work.

Version A controllers have more power than version B and C. P4 comes with C. I'm curious if my P3 Version A controller allows me to fly further.

It will def work.

Version A controllers have more power than version B and C. P4 comes with C. I'm curious if my P3 Version A controller allows me to fly further.
Actually, A and B are the same at 0.38 Watts. The C version is only .303 Watts, reducing it by 20%. So, The P4 GL300C is 20% less power than the P3P A and B controllers, so your control range with the A or B version should be 25% further. The kicker is that the P4 video power from the aircraft at 0.598 Watts is also 20% less than the original W323 with old motors, which has the best video power of any of the P3's at 0.746 Watts. The A and B controllers won't help with the 20% lower video power from the P4, so you will certainly lose video before you lose control in the extended 25% range from using either a GL300A or GL300B instead of the P4 stock GL300C.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers