P3 camera pointing slighly to the right.

Reaction score
Hi,

I have flown almost 5 hours on my P3 Avanced and everything was good unril yesterday when camera started pointi g to the right.

I did the calibration right, then gimbal calibration, after several tries of regular calibration I did the IMU calibration and then gimbal in the same spot but it didn't help - the camera is always pointing to the right - gimbal probably thinking it is center. Any ideas on how to correct this or do I have to go to the service center?

Hope you can think of something guys - this is driving me crazy!

Best regards,
Scigi

happens on mine too. did an iMU calibration to sort the horizon tilt unfortunately it didn't fix the camera pointing to the right..

You guys can try to adjust gimbal roll until it is level. Look in the settings -> choose gimbal -> adjust gimbal roll.

You guys can try to adjust gimbal roll until it is level. Look in the settings -> choose gimbal -> adjust gimbal roll.

thanks but when i do that it only adjusts horizon, i think the OP (as do i) has an issue where the actual camera points slightly to the right, if you're flying fpv you have to compensate as the quad isnt actually flying the same line the camera is pointing

Oh ok. Gimbal auto calibration didn't help too? Perhaps a bad camera gimbal unit?

Have you checked this thread?
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/help-gimbal-overload-camera-pointing-to-the-right.45955/

someone say: "I know exactly what it is.. I had the same issue, took it back to the place I bought it, and they replaced it. BUT as I was waiting for the new one to be brought out, the technician said he knew exactly what it was, and that it was a pretty simple fix. If you hold the phantom in front of you and look into the left side of it (phantom facing left), and push the back of the gimbal all the way to the back so the camera is pointing all the way to the left. you will see a little set screw right where the gimbal arm attaches to the motor that turns the gimbal to the left and right (I think it a tiny hex set screw). In my case this had loosened, and just needed to be tightened down. The way it should be aligned is that set screw should be tightened down on the flat side of the shaft coming down from the motor (which you can see if you look up underneath the phantom gimbal. Let me know if this gets you up and running..."

I actaully got mine from the repair after a month and a few days, at it is all good again. I don't have any info re how they repaired it...

Hi,

I have flown almost 5 hours on my P3 Avanced and everything was good unril yesterday when camera started pointi g to the right.

I did the calibration right, then gimbal calibration, after several tries of regular calibration I did the IMU calibration and then gimbal in the same spot but it didn't help - the camera is always pointing to the right - gimbal probably thinking it is center. Any ideas on how to correct this or do I have to go to the service center?

Hope you can think of something guys - this is driving me crazy!

Best regards,
Scigi

I finally fixed mine after hours of screwing around and reading forums. So after my P3 camera stuck to the left side I loosened the set screw in the top of the yaw arm. With the set screw loosened, I moved the camera to the centered position manually. Then take needled nose pliers and firmly grip the top silver bearing thing and while doing this, torque the yaw arm by hand the opposite direction. This should move the neutral yaw (left right) position of the gimbal. After that, remove the needle nose then move the yaw arm over to tighten the set screw. I had to do this a few times before I got a good clean center. Now, my problem is fixed, hope this helps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4