P3 Battery Software Versions

mjw

Reaction score
I see folks talking about updating batter software. Where can you find what version of software in on the P3 batteries or does the battery and aircraft firmware go hand in hand when updated?

The battery firmware version is not displayed anywhere within the DJI GO app. You could do the following:

1) Always install new firmware on your batteries after installing it on your Phantom. That way you'll know both are always in synch.

2) If you have no idea which firmware is installed on your batteries, then try installing the latest version. If the latest version is not installed, it'll be installed. If the latest version is already installed, then no changes will be made.

I left the firmware on my sd card and when I plugged in my extra battery the light flashed on the battery for a few minutes as it updated

The battery firmware version is not displayed anywhere within the DJI GO app. You could do the following:

1) Always install new firmware on your batteries after installing it on your Phantom. That way you'll know both are always in synch.

2) If you have no idea which firmware is installed on your batteries, then try installing the latest version. If the latest version is not installed, it'll be installed. If the latest version is already installed, then no changes will be made.
Okay, I have never seen (only had Phantom a couple of weeks) any mention of a battery firmware update listed in the DJI downloads list - I just assumed when you updated the aircraft firmware the battery was updated as well, and if you had multiple batteries you just kept updating via aircraft, each battery until all were cycled through the process - DJI documentation sucks - the training videos for newbees makes no mention of updating batteries. even in the users manual there is no mention of updating battery soft / firmware

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie