P3 battery charging

Reaction score
Can I charge the p3 battery with my current lipo charger set on 4s with power supply? Or do I have to use the slow factory charger.

No not unless your charge has a setting for lead acid batteys and for the right voltage. BUT being that I dont know of any that would put out 18v for a typical 12v battery I'm going to say your charger will not do it.

Now if you had any sort of 18v power supply then you can charge it with out using the stock charger. But it will not be much faster even if it can put out more amps then the stock 100w charger can being that the charge rate is controlled by the batterys smart charger thats built in to the battery.

Ok, thanks. I thought they were regular 4s lipo's. I noticed the voltage was odd, so I figured I would ask.

So the batteries that came with the P3A and P3P can charge faster because of the 100W charger that came with it..

Now say I get a 100W charger and use it on my P3A batteries wouldn't the charge be faster? compared to the 57W stock that the P3S has?

My take on this is that the chargers difference from the P3S and P3A/P3P is the wattage and the balancing part is all done by the smart battery.

Was wondering if i can use say a different power supply and rate it at 100W (dunno the Amps though). and charge the P3S stock batteries.

As I understand things the P3 batteries are all the same, the only difference is the charger. I've not looked to see if there is a control connection on the charger connector that the "smart" can use to determine how much wattage the charger can source.

Is it OK to charge it back to full after every flight, even tho there is 70% capacity left? That's what I do for my other lipos

Lipos don't have memory like the old nicd so it's generally considered ok. I can't remember where I heard this but the dji smart batteries have the concept of "life" and reports are that it actually doesn't cost a "life" just to charge - partial charges are added up until one "charge" is complete to come off the life.

You can check the remaining life by holding the button for 5 seconds I believe.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31