P3 Advanced

Reaction score
Hi

Looking at picking up a Phantom 3 Advanced second hand off someone on eBay.
As I've never owned one before, wondering if there's tips on what to look out for before parting with my cash.
I'll assume there is no warranty too.

Thanks

Hi

Looking at picking up a Phantom 3 Advanced second hand off someone on eBay.
As I've never owned one before, wondering if there's tips on what to look out for before parting with my cash.
I'll assume there is no warranty too.

Thanks

If you are able to view before purchase perfect?..
If not get photos of drone both sides and of all upper and lower arms this will show any visual damage..
And I know bought a p2+ for my son he saved half the money up a couple of photos nicely hiding the damaged arm of quad after he crashed it..great my son was so upset ended up getting another shell and this site to replace and check parts all together know and perfect..thanks phantom pilots....
Just try your best to get all info and photos you can!!!
Mozzie

I will be able to inspect it in person before paying.
So the arms are the only places I should specifically look for cracks?

Just had a look at the one I think your interested in??? Yes if you can have a look at it go and see even ask them to see it have a quick flight..you will easily see any visual damage or scratches etc.see if they have a devise hooked up to the controller and the go app going to see any probs..don't forget not to bid to high..
Can purchase for around $1300 brand new in Aus and they also come up for sale quiet offen..
Mozzie

Yep fair price,I also purchased my p3a second hand on gumtree and it was in mint condition with some extras for $900
Some people buy these find there not what there after and we pick up bargains
Go for it there great fun...
Mozzie

Sounds good.
Just a question, how are people putting them in storage mode for the batteries.
Wouldn't want to store them at full charge and burn the house down.
I've bought a proper lipo charger but the DJI battery connector doesn't look like they are compatible.

I use the Dji charger that come with it..don't store my batteries I try and fly every day..
I also have a lipo charger from Rc monster trucks none of my connections fit Dji..
They aren't that long to charge...Dji have options to multi charge batteries etc if you want to go that way
Mozzie

If your after charging the batteries and balancing the Dji charger does it all...
While flying you can also see how the batteries are doing while in flight
Absolutely amazing technology know compared to the old days

Don't buy a second hand one, save a bit more and buy brand new, it's not worth it you will only be buying someone else's update issues.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What is the update issues?
Sorry for being dumb.

Just make sure when you buy the phantom actually flies, if you buy online you won't know this, an update can brick the fpv brick the controller and restrict distance, so, buy an advanced fresh so you don't "buy" someone else's problems.

Just make sure when you buy the phantom actually flies, if you buy online you won't know this, an update can brick the fpv brick the controller and restrict distance, so, buy an advanced fresh so you don't "buy" someone else's problems.

Gotcha.
Is it that hard to flash the firmware?
I would have thought in this day and age, people who fly quads are not that stupid to stuff this up.

Gotcha.
Is it that hard to flash the firmware?
I would have thought in this day and age, people who fly quads are not that stupid to stuff this up.

No not hard, but there have been many issues, so just be aware bro.. Buy new and you won't have to worry.

No not hard, but there have been many issues, so just be aware bro.. Buy new and you won't have to worry.

True. Cheapest will be $1100 off eBay but then warranty for me always mean I'll need to send it interstate as there seem to be only 1 authorized repairer.

True. Cheapest will be $1100 off eBay but then warranty for me always mean I'll need to send it interstate as there seem to be only 1 authorized repairer.

It's just worth saving the extra bucks, you know it's history and you have a warranty, there are tyrants online you never know what your gonna get man, it's a roller coaster dude.

$1100 on eBay are from China,Malaysia they say Aus but are not..I tried that way..
Go and have a look at the one on eBay...looking is not buying...

They say they are in Aus because they are, look for the distributor in Melbourne, they have deals at 1100 which is the right price with Australian warranty

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair