P3 Advanced 4K

Reaction score
looking at this link
http://store.dji.com/event/10years/?from=store_index_banner (in UK)

It list the P3 Advanced for £699
And the P3 4K for £699

Looking at the spec for the P3 4K here Buy Phantom 3 4K | DJI Store it says "this is NOT a Phantom 3 Professional".

So is there now a range of 4? Standard, advanced, 4K and Professional
If they've managed to get 4K on an advanced does it mean there's a chance 4K will be released in a firmware update (as the 2.7k was)?
Why would anyone buy the advanced if the 4K is the same price?

There are 4 versions now
Standard and P3 4K are on wifi and have much reduced range.
Standard has the more basic camera, 4K version has 4K camera.

Advanced and Pro are on Lightbridge with longer range plus a few other features
Similar two versions of camera.

The Advanced at £699 is a very good deal.
The controller and battery alone would be £350 if you needed to replace.
Plus you have the spare phantom and camera ;)

I they did this because a lot of the various countries regulations say you have to stay in visual line of sight. Lightbridge lets you go a lot further than that so they came out with a unit to comply and still give you 4 k with standard RC and wifi controls. About the max distant at line of sight is 2,200 ft on a really nice clear day and then it looks like a dot that is real easy to loose in the sky if you look down then back up....

You can compare the differences between the available Phantom 3 lineup here.

I they did this because a lot of the various countries regulations say you have to stay in visual line of sight. Lightbridge lets you go a lot further than that so they came out with a unit to comply and still give you 4 k with standard RC and wifi controls. About the max distant at line of sight is 2,200 ft on a really nice clear day and then it looks like a dot that is real easy to loose in the sky if you look down then back up....

I assume this is guess work?

Most countries regulations say you can't go over 70mph but many car manufacturers let you go a lot faster.

I they did this because a lot of the various countries regulations say you have to stay in visual line of sight.
My guesswork says they did it because a lot of people want 4K, but don't want to pay Lightbridge money when the Wi-Fi range works just fine for them.

Reactions: Chris P Duck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20