P3 advance won't hover in place after crash

Reaction score
After a crash which broke camera mount , it will not hover in place like before. I calibrated IMU and compass. I did have a motor that was tilted a bit. the blade would rub on the body, but was able to bring it back into position with a 2 washers on one side of the mount. Is there anything else I can look at or might I have to live with this as a result of the crash.

After a crash which broke camera mount , it will not hover in place like before. I calibrated IMU and compass. I did have a motor that was tilted a bit. the blade would rub on the body, but was able to bring it back into position with a 2 washers on one side of the mount. Is there anything else I can look at or might I have to live with this as a result of the crash.
If the motor mount is causing a problem, it's fairly simple to transplant everything into a new shell.

If it's just the one motor that has a problem them go get some shim stock and add or take away until it hovers again. you may need to add a bit to each screw. Then position it where you know the motor is and then take off, hover, & watch which way it floats off. Then add or take off the shims where needed. It would be nice to find some small U shims, maybe at an autoparts store or at most hobby stores you can buy 8" x 12" sheets and make your own - Lot's of choices here but it wouldn't keep the whole link open - McMaster-Carr

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl