P3 advance production halt!

Reaction score
Hi all. I have been informed by a reputable UK DJI dealer that I won't be able to get hold of a Phantom advance for quiet some time. Apparently DJI have stopped production of the advance for at least 1 month to prioritise assembly of the professional. I have been told this will affect sales worldwide. Good luck finding an advance when the current limited stocks are sold. I can't find a single new advance for sale in the UK.

Looking on my dealer site in europe both are now on a 15 day lead-time.

They did have stock of the advanced until the weekend.

Absolutely no need for 4k camera. A totally over hyped technology that you can't begin to appreciate unless you have a massive 60in plus tv

Reactions: eseckinger
Absolutely no need for 4k camera. A totally over hyped technology that you can't begin to appreciate unless you have a massive 60in plus tv
Absolutely no appreciation for a device you don't have.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Even with my 75" it is a waste at normal viewing distance.

Reactions: TeamYankee
Here is a chart thats a good reference.

Viewing distance vs screen size etc.
resolution_chart.png

Reactions: snowghost
Yeah, GoPro have no idea what they are doing.

Reactions: rhoffart
Well, for those near the southwest PA area, go to the Hobbytown USA near the IKEA in Pittsburgh. They have ONE P3A and also ONE P3P you can pick up off the shelf today ( at least they had one this past Sunday afternoon ! )

Yeah, GoPro have no idea what they are doing.
See the chart above. Demonstrates my point exactly. For example you need to sit closer than 5ft from a 50" 4k TV to have same benefit as sitting 7.5 ft away from a 1080 screen. Who sits closer than 5 feet from a TV? 1080 is every bit as good from normal viewing distances. Don't fall into the trap of believing the hype when that hype comes from someone who wants to sell you something!

See the chart above. Demonstrates my point exactly. For example you need to sit closer than 5ft from a 50" 4k TV to have same benefit as sitting 7.5 ft away from a 1080 screen. Who sits closer than 5 feet from a TV? 1080 is every bit as good from normal viewing distances. Don't fall into the trap of believing the hype when that hype comes from someone who wants to sell you something!

4K still gives you much more along the lines of editing options while in post-production...but if you're just doing "point and shoot" 4K is a waste of $300

I do have a 4k 55" monitor I use for editing video, but I have no desire at this time to upgrade the TV to 4K. That said, if you are doing video, the 4K has 4 times more color data and will result in a much better 1080P video when played at 1080P or compressed down in post processing. 4K is harder to work with, but the quality of the finished video, even at 1080P is definitely better. Reference the video above for why 4K video at 1080P has better color data than 1080P video at 1080P.

If you are just doing still pictures, they are probably identical.

I thought the only difference between P & A was the [camera] software, battery charger and arm stickers.

Halting production to focus on one or the other would seem more like a shortage of the low-wattage chargers.

There is a lot more then just the camera difference between the two, P3A is not SDK compatible or YouTube live stream compatible. None of these were mentioned unless one researches into it, further...had I known this I would've picked up P3P instead.

There is a lot more then just the camera difference between the two, P3A is not SDK compatible or YouTube live stream compatible. None of these were mentioned unless one researches into it, further...had I known this I would've picked up P3P instead.

No worries, you'll be able to do both of those things in future updates.

I know, I know... when???

No dates set yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.