P3 ADV Random Compass Error

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ive owned my P3 Adv for about 11 months now. Its flown great. Yes, I have had my share of small bumps and crashes, but not for some time, and its flow great.

Recently, I went out to a lake to fly around the fall colors. Started it up (it sat in a case for ~ 2 months since last flight) and calibrated the compass. Flew out over the lake. Everything fine. Brought it back as the battery was running low. Swapped batteries. Took off, went out over water and saw that there was a compass error on the screen. Before i could do anything it flew erratically straight back into a tree. The crash wasnt catastrophic, however i did need to replace the Gimbal.

Replaced the part. Started it up and i noted that if i have the craft sitting on the table and lightly tilt it backwards, i get a Compass error. I tried to calibrate, and still getting the error.

Now, Logic tells me i have a bad compass, but I cant figure out what/why this is happening.

Any thoughts?

Check your compass cable for damage. Its the gray wire coming from the bottom of the skid upwards. They sometimes get pinched or sliced during crashes and no matter what you do, the compass wont calibrate until you replace it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20