P3 9450 props differences

Reaction score
i recently bought the phantom 3 advanced. There were 4 pair props with it, originally dji!!! They had a plastic inside the screw contact position. The props feel a little bit sharp on the edges and not so good quality.
Before i flew the phantom 2 vs 3.0 props with the metal screw contact position inside. The edges feels smoother and the quality of the props looks much much better! And they were silent!
Question 1: is it an idea to use the phantom 2 props? If incan find them beacause i sold mine...
Question 2: are the originally phantom 3 dji props really sharper on the edges? And not so good quality?
Question 3: what are the most silent props of the best quality? What props are you flying? How can i recognize them?

Reactions: rene van der meer
And they were silent!
My P2V+ was just as loud as my Phantom 3.

Question 1: is it an idea to use the phantom 2 props?
No. You should only use props with plastic hubs. Anything listed here is okay to use with your Phantom 3.

Question 2: are the originally phantom 3 dji props really sharper on the edges? And not so good quality?
DJI props are the best props available for the Phantom 3. I guess there is always room for improvement, but I haven't had any trouble with mine so far.

Reactions: rene van der meer
Question 1: is it an idea to use the phantom 2 props? If incan find them beacause i sold mine...
That's a bad idea. The plastic threads were specially designed to be "stickier" to deal with dynamic braking

They're about the same and they are very good quality.
DJI Propulsion engineers designed them as part of a tuned propulsion system, together with the motors and ESCs.

Question 3: what are the most silent props of the best quality? What props are you flying? How can i recognize them?
The stock DJI props (None are silent)

i recently bought the phantom 3 advanced. There were 4 pair props with it, originally dji!!! They had a plastic inside the screw contact position. The props feel a little bit sharp on the edges and not so good quality.
Before i flew the phantom 2 vs 3.0 props with the metal screw contact position inside. The edges feels smoother and the quality of the props looks much much better! And they were silent!
Marcel,
I have had four P3A's. Two with the 2312 motors and two with the new 2312A motors. I have the original (white) DJI props. There was a big difference in noise. The new motors are more silent.
However, the gray marked props are more tight. I can easily spin the black props until there are almost fixed, then half a turn is sufficient to fix them completely. On the first P3A with a new motor one of the motors was more tight. Now I have two motors that are more tight.

I suggest that you stick with the props provided by DJI and the appropriate model P3... DJI offers two materials for the P3... white plastic or carbon reinforced (couple of stripe options)... I have flown all of them and done audio tests, there is (based on my own experience) no audible difference... I wish I had the "silent" props you are referring to, if it makes enough wind/thrust to lift the P3, it's going to make noise.

Reactions: Ken Hanks
Rene, meta, suspended and msinger, thank you all for the reply's. I will use the standard dji props delivered with the phantom 3. Sure the best solution than.
New for me ..I did not know that there are new motors already. How can i recognize the new one?

How can i recognize the new one?
imageuploadedbyphantompilots-dji-phantom-forum1443845769-068556-jpg.32583

Interesting.. I do have the yellow bird sign on the wings!! but the old motors.... Mmmmmmm strange.....thanks for the picture msinger...

Maybe i can ask dji to change the motors....;-)
No, you can't.
1. New motors aren't compatible with the ESCs for the original motors so you would also need a complete new main board.
2. There's no appreciable difference in performance so there would be no point doing this

Oke, thanks for the answer..i wont change the board and motors.
Nice to know when i buy a new one in future with the yellow bird 2312A motors. ;-)
Grtz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20