P3 4k

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have a P3 4k that had a shorted wire to the camera from the main board. I replaced it but still no camera. The bird did fly ok but of course no Go app because there was no camera. I replaced the main board and now I have full camera operation and the Go app,. However the Go app shows weak Wifi and it gives no IMU and of course now won't fly. I was able to set my wifi as the phantom so I am confused. Did I get a bad main board or is there something else I should be looking at?

No, shorted as in touching each other. the wires were frayed for no apparent reason. The original owner should have sent it in. I am the second owner. I checked all the wires and replaced them all just in case already.

I bought mine used and he had tried to stuff the pins back in the connector and they came out after my 2 flight. its an 8 pin cable and 4 are + and 4 are - I'm waiting on a new cable but I'm going to run the cable on out side of shell just due to the fact that I don't want to have to undo every thing to run new cable down to gimble. Just pop off the cover and the connection is next to the usb.

I have been in there, I replaced the cable but the shorted wires may have ruined the Mother board. I got a new board and installed it. I then had video but a weak wifi. Turns out I had cut one of the antenna wires in the leg and didn't know it. Before I discovered that I tried updating as it said it needed to be done. Long story short (if that is possible) I bricked the board. I sent it back for credit. I got credit via Ebay but the board is sitting at the PO and can't be delivered. Those companies on ebay that sell them are out of China. I think it is a fake US location. Research on the web says it is. In about a week the PO will send it back to me. Then I will try to unbrick it. If that is possible. Hows that for a short story?

Oh thats no good sorry. I bought the wrong cable first from B and H , it was for the standard but but i guess the standard 4k has a different cables . they sent one that had 8 wires but the other end had a 10 pin connector on it so i reordered the P3P cable hoping it has 8 pins on either side.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31