p3 4k weak remote signal on new esc

Droneted

Phantom 4 gimbal repair advice
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I had to replace the esc on my P34K. With the old board it would fly but no camera view. The new board has camera view but says weak remote signal and won't fly. I tried to update the firmware on the new board and bricked it. Got another board and it says weak remote signal again. What am I missing? I know a new board requires it to be activated just like it was a new drone. I never get that screen and can't find any info on this model. HELP

That's for a Pro. I have a P3 4k which is more like the Standard. There is no usb port on the remote. Not much info on how to do the update. very vague.

For the update of the phantom it's best to plug the SD card in the PC/laptop and drag the bin file with the firmware onto it. From there you need to out the SD card in the phantom... It will update itself as soon as you turn it on. The firmware can be found on the dji site or just do a basic search on here as it will be better. Hope that helps in some way

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

there is no firmware to put on an sd card. It is suppose to be done through the app. thanks anyway. I guess no one has this bird. I hate this thing.
I have a Standard and 3 Pros. No problem updating them. Just this piece of crap.

IMG_3851.JPG

as you can see this is what I get. great camera view and I can move the camera around. Can't take photos can't fly the **** thing

Here is what I do see
App ver 2.8.4
Aircraft connected
version 1.5.40
Flight Controller SN Space is blank

just one more time. I just noticed that the Remote Control Model GL358 wb, has a red light on it. It is linked to the AC as the AC has a green light. I can see with the camera and move the camera with the remote. Someday someone is going to read this and laugh. The P6 will come out before I get this in the air

Sorry for your troubles. I own P3 4K but never encounter a problem such as yours. But we actually can put the firmware into sdcard and insert it into the sdcard slot on the gimbal (same sdcard slot as for keeping the video and pictures). Will you give it a try?

Reactions: meissner58
If you're using android phone, the firmware is actually downloaded to your internal sdcard. I believe the folder is in one of the DJI folder. I can't seem to find it now, but I did download it and copy it to the drone sdcard when I was upgrading the battery. I still have the firmware file in my drone sdcard if you want. Message me your email and I will send a dropbox link.

The firmware filename for P3 4K is P3XW_FW_V01.05.0040.bin in case you are looking in your phone. The number can vary depending on the version. Mine was updated on 25 June 2016. Not sure if there are any new releases.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1