P3 - 4K, or replace camera on P3P?

Reaction score
So I've got a broken P3P camera. I have sent the camera in for repair, but I was thinking of either buying a spare camera for $349 so I don't have to be "down", but it looks like I can get a P3 4K for $599, with a controller and a drone. Seems like it would be kind of silly to spend $350 on a spare camera at that point. Other than the frame rate on the 4k camera, is there much in the way of a difference between the professional and the 4k?

The major difference is that the P3P uses Lightbridge and the P34K uses Wi-Fi. You can compare the other differences here.

What's the real, effective difference for a non-professional hobbyist? I'm more concerned with the look of the video once I land.

What's the real, effective difference for a non-professional hobbyist?
Per the specs, a stock P3P can fly 3 times further than the P34K.

Gotcha. Is that a limitation of the drone, or the controller? My present one has the fancy extended range antennas on it.

It's the difference between Lightbridge and Wi-Fi.

Oh, OK. What's the best price on P3P's everyone has seen? I've not seen any lower than $799.

$799 is a good price if it's tax-free, shipped free, and sold by a reputable seller. You can pick up one for $888 on Amazon.

Hmm... maybe its best to just get the camera for now then. Anything cheaper than $349 for the camera and gimbal you've seen?

Nope. You can get one from Camrise (an authorized DJI dealer) on Amazon for $349 here.

Nice. You can pick up one in person then :)

I think I'll do that actually! I'm sure my existing camera that I sent in won't be covered under warranty... but i'll probably need a spare the way I seem to fly. What are some other critical spares that break frequently?

Do you crash a lot? If so, then:
Those are the items I see people commonly replacing.
Cool. Picking up the mounting plate and props now. Will probably get a ribbon cable from you soon as well.

Which filters do you recommend for the camera, I see you sell a few. Bonus points if it includes a replacement clear lens as well.

It is. DJI will not allow them to market the price online. You can find a thread on micro center and their deals here - Go to Microcenter!!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I hadn't really thought too much about a second drone, but it seems a bit silly to pay $350 for just a camera when I could get the whole works for $700

Reactions: MasterBlaster
I hadn't really thought too much about a second drone, but it seems a bit silly to pay $350 for just a camera when I could get the whole works for $700
When you think about the extra battery, charger, and everything else, you can't go wrong

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub