P2V+V3 ESC's clarification myth or fact

Reaction score
Hi people
I know this has topic has probably been flogged to death already but I'm reading conflicting opinions.

I've just lifted the lid on my P2V+V3 and sure enough the ESC's do not have V2.1 on the white sticky label.

I did some reading and some say that both versions are the same hardware but the firmware is different.

I have bought a factory refurb P2V+V3 that has a 30 day warranty from a local shop ... so obviously if my Phantom isn't up to spec I'm wondering if they HAVE to replace the ESC's or if they will simply say the ESC issue is forum "myth" and there is no proof or manufacturers recommendations to change them.

Help gladly appreciated
Phil

If you read the spec sheets on the motors the version 2.0 and the 2.1 are the same except for firmware. I have one of my Phantoms that has two 2.0 ESC' s and two 2.1 that I installed. Flys perfectly. Those two you can mix.

The ones that has no v# are the wrong ones

Mine are v2.1.

However, you can easily tell it's a new sticker placed over another one. So something tells me it likely isn't hardware, but firmware related, as mentioned above.

fnEqsgE.jpg

When this issue originally came up, according to DJI, the marking on the capacitor was what was used to determine if they were "correct" or not. A yellow mark on the top of the capacitor indicated the correct ESC. Mine had blue, there were other colors. DJI replaced them. This was back in January, I don't know if this is still the case or not.

My p2v+v3 has no version numbers on the stickers.

A nice clear picture or 2 of your ESC would be very valuable at this point.

A DVR on your monitor would provide a good record of any in-flight issue which may occur.

A tracking device will help, if everything goes in the toilet.

I'm hoping for you buddy. Some of the P2V+s were really raising hell in here a few months back.

Sorry, I didnt add any pics as I assumed they were v2

Attachments

• IMG_20150624_192331.jpg
    IMG_20150624_192331.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 343
Got my new motor a few days ago came with little specs sheet motor 2112 which are the 920Kv and have a ticker wire runs on esc (no#) or esc v2.0 marked the 2312 960Kv motor thinner(wires) has a check mark on esc v2.0 but an X on esc with no # so i'm assuming if your has a version marked your ok for to fly, I did replaced for the ones that said v2.1 since mines didn't have any v#

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers