P2V Transmitter question

Reaction score
Today I decided to fly some in the back yard to discharge my batteries after reading is was best to store them at 40~50% charge.
I powered my transmitter on first. It beeped once and there was only a short blink of the power LED and then no light. I thought the AA batteries were low so I replaced them. Same thing. One beep, short flash then no indicator light. I was about to go back inside and tried the startup and low and behold, the Phantom started. I flew it real low just to see if everything was working normally. It seemed so so I was able to run two LiPo's down to 50%.

I connected to the computer and it all looked normal. Still no light on the transmitter. I ran the joystick calibration and when I looked back over at the transmitter, the power light was on! Now it comes on normally.

Is this an indication that it's not calibrated by not having the power light come on?

Geo

Have you changed it from the default lower power CE mode to the higher power FCC mode at all? If you twisted the lower pot on the back of the tx all the way then it should double beep to signify FCC mode - but I wonder if it's not quite all the way there you'll get only the one beep and the light is a side effect of that?

If you haven't changed the power output to the max then I would - you're allowed to as you're in the USofA. :)

Update:
It looks like the LED problem was a bad solder connection. It came back on for several weeks and then yesterday went out again. I found squeezing the case made it come back on. I re soldered the LED leads and so far so good.

Geo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20