P2V+, swimming lessons

Reaction score
Ok, at the end of December, the town I'm a firefighter in, got hit with a 200yr flood. Valley Park MO, sure you saw it on the news. Anyway, I was using my P2V+ to help spot breaches in the levee, I screwed up and wasn't using LOS, hit a small branch and kur-plunk, right in the flood waters. We looked for it for almost an hour but no luck. Well after a couple days and the water receding, a guy from the National Guard found it and returned it to me. Battery was shot, so I put a different one in, and low and behold it made its "on" sound! Now one light didn't work, and the motors were locked up, but the camera still worked along with 3 of the four lights. So here's my questions, first, is it worth trying to fix, or would it cost more than it's worth? Second, I'm in MO, and there are no authorized dealers in the whole state that will work on it. Where is a good place to contact and ship to and try and fix it? Thanks in advance for any advice. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

It is worth fixing and if you have solder skills you can DIY and be air worthy again. The battery is definately toast so that's around 90 bucks. Now most likely the motors need replacing so that around $25 each. The one light not working is probabably the ESC motor controller so that another 15. Now with the cost of that it 50% the cost of a Phantom3 standard. So it your choice. Sell the damaged unit for 100-150 put to it and go for a new 3 or a couple hundred to get airworthy again.
Good luck.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
It is worth fixing and if you have solder skills you can DIY and be air worthy again. The battery is definately toast so that's around 90 bucks. Now most likely the motors need replacing so that around $25 each. The one light not working is probabably the ESC motor controller so that another 15. Now with the cost of that it 50% the cost of a Phantom3 standard. So it your choice. Sell the damaged unit for 100-150 put to it and go for a new 3 or a couple hundred to get airworthy again.
Good luck.

Well I purchased the P4 a little while ago, so I don't "need" to fix it any time soon...lol. I am building a racing drone right now and learning all about the motors, ESC and soldering, so maybe I'll try your DIY option. Thanks!

P.S. Do you really think I could get 100-150 for it as is?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20