P2V+ still transmit GoPro video?

Reaction score
If I were to purchase a P2V+ that did not have the factory camera on it, will it still transmit video from a GoPro? I know I would need a different cable for the GoPro. I want the ability to use the ground station app, but don't necessarily have to have the factory camera. I am waiting on a P2V+ to come in, but may have access to a P2V+ that has camera issues for a greatly reduced price.

Thanks in advance
Jay

The Phantom 2 Vision+ does not support any camera besides the Phantom 2 Vision+ camera.

However, you can buy a quick-release kit from dronexpert.nl that allows you to mount a GoPro and corresponding gimbal. It will transmit the GoPro video to the Vision+ app. I bought this, and it works pretty well. There are several threads here about this product.

So I understand you're buying a P2V+ with a broken gimbal? You've got options:
1) Repair the gimbal. If not yourself, there's a guy here (burlbark) who does this for a reasonable price.
2) Remove the gimbal arm and camera, but keep the gimbal base. This maintains the connections needed for Ground Station. You can tap the GoPro video into one of the cables (see below).
3) If you have no gimbal at all, you can still tap the GoPro video into the wifi module. You need to wire some things up:
a) the video signal is the rightmost connection (on the 6-pin cable). Ground is next to it.
b) you need to jumper power and ground from the middle cable to the right cable. See picture here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29933399&postcount=49
Using Ground Station without the gimbal base is still under investigation.

Who is the guy in burbank that repairs these Cameras or gimbals.. Can you pm hs number to me?

Thanks, Dennis

So it sounds like i just need to be patient and wait for a P2V+ to come in and save me the headache of rewiring stuff. One should be in by Christmas I am sure.

Thanks everyone

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20