P2V S1 Switch Problem

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just received my phantom vision from Amazon. After a problem free assembly and first flight ( all green to go even without compass calibration ) I realized that my S1 switch doesn't work. During flight i switch it to middle but still phantom flashes green and fly with GPS mode. No yellow lights.

I'm going to fly on miami beach for next two weeks, would really like to have a company by the way. :)

It's not broken. Out of the box the Vision will stay in GPS mode at all times unless it can't find a good enough GPS signal, then it will put itself into attitude mode - but it will get back into GPS mode as soon as it can get a better lock.

The S1 switch is used to enter compass calibration mode (which you really should do at least once otherwise you risk a crash) or to interrupt a return-to-home failsafe. Have a good read of the manual, it will help a lot. Latest versions are always found here: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision/download

Thanks for your quick reply. Before the flight i tried to calibrate the compass but when i switch the S1 8 - 10 times, ( pretty like on videos ) nothing happens. Then i trusted to the green light and fly. No problem at all.

Read! Read! Read the manual!!!

If this is your FIRST DJI product, it will take some studying to learn what everything actually means and what all the switches and modes do.

Compass calibration is VERY important. You need to do it at least once if you've never done it since new. Otherwise, you may be posting up with questions like "How to repair my P2V" or even worse "Flyaway! What Happened?"

Get used to and get comfortable with the GPS mode before changing modes and going hog wild with things. Enjoy! : D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4