P2V props on a Phantom v1(.?.?)

Reaction score
First off, how do I tell which version of the Phantom I have? I know it's a v1 but others are mentioning 1.1.1 and I don't know whether that applies to mine or not.

Secondly, people are mentioning installing the self-tightening P2V props on their 1.1.1 Phantom, which I'm interested in if mine will support that. My props have the holes that are keyed with flat surfaces and the prop nuts all tighten in a clock-wise direction. Will P2V props work with mine or not?

careysb said:
First off, how do I tell which version of the Phantom I have? I know it's a v1 but others are mentioning 1.1.1 and I don't know whether that applies to mine or not.

Secondly, people are mentioning installing the self-tightening P2V props on their 1.1.1 Phantom, which I'm interested in if mine will support that. My props have the holes that are keyed with flat surfaces and the prop nuts all tighten in a clock-wise direction. Will P2V props work with mine or not?

The version is sometimes on the side of the box, not always. The version numbers are inconsistent and confusing though, so they don't mean a lot. Does your phantom have a self-centering left stick? It's definitely not the self-tightening version if they are all CW; you'll have to get third party knockoff P2V props that have the keyed holes like your existing props. I have those too, and they work fine, but need to be balanced.,

careysb said:

For some reason only DJI can explain, Phantom version numbers are not easy to determine. I actually requested a description (from DJI) of what the configuration was for each version (1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.). I haven't received a reply after literally waiting for months. Its my understanding that only v1.1.1, v2 and v2 Vision Phantoms can use self tightening props.

Self tightening props come in pairs and actually have either a left or right hand thread; two tighten (on opposite motors) in a clockwise direction, the other two tighten on the remaining two motors in a counter clockwise direction. Since your Phantom props all tighten in the same direction you can NOT use self tightening props.

Hope this helps...

You can identify self tightening props by the fact that they have two different colors (silver or black) on the hub of each prop. Out of the box self tightening props are not keyed nor can they be balanced with a normal prop balancer because the motor shaft threads do not go completely through the prop hub.

vrso2 said:
i have no self-centering left stick.

What version do i have tho ?

Did you buy your Phantom before sept 2013? If so it's probably 1.0.

Pilot_FML said:
careysb said:

For some reason only DJI can explain, Phantom version numbers are not easy to determine. I actually requested a description (from DJI) of what the configuration was for each version (1.0, 1.1, 1.1.1, etc.). I haven't received a reply after literally waiting for months. Its my understanding that only v1.1.1, v2 and v2 Vision Phantoms can use self tightening props.

On my 1.1.1, it is labeled "1.1.1" right on the sticker at the bottom next to the serial number.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic