P2V prop guard owners (DJI brand only)

Reaction score
I was hoping to get some feedback on the OFFICIAL dji prop guards. I'm considering ordering a set but would like to hear what actual owners think before I waste cash on an item that could just end up in the toolbox.
Reduced flight times? Extra resistance on movement? Storage issues?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks dudes and ettes :)

jeffwilliams81 said:
I was hoping to get some feedback on the OFFICIAL dji prop guards. I'm considering ordering a set but would like to hear what actual owners think before I waste cash on an item that could just end up in the toolbox.
Reduced flight times? Extra resistance on movement? Storage issues?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks dudes and ettes :)

I Have a set I bought on ebay fit perfect
used for 5 flights painted 2 black for easy identification
you can have them for 5 bucks plus whatever shipping cost to were you are
I no longer use them as the don't fit in my tradecraft case and pain to take off and on

Bought some from Helipal.
• Very easy to install and take off for travel. What's painful about undoing two screws per guard? It's 5 minute's work.
• Do not affect performance in any measurable way.
• Do what they're supposed to. I had a few rough landings before guards and lost props. I've had 1-2 rough landings with the guards and the props live to fly another day.
• They also act as a general protection for the Phantom itself when it tips over on the ground - the guards are invariably the contact point and have a bit of give in them that reduces impact.
• I usually catch my VIsion in mid-air for landings now, and I feel a bit more comfortable doing that with the prop guards there, although this is probably just mental peace of mind rather than actual protection from harm.

I'm amazed more people don't have guards. I'm amazed the Phantoms don't come standard with guards.

Imagine a worst case scenario where you lost control of your Vision and flew into someone nearby. The guards could be the difference between a bonk on the head and a lost eye.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic