P2V plus guts and what can I remove?

Reaction score
so I have a crashed P2V plus that I'm setting up for FPV (busted camera gimbal) using a 900mhz video downlink and native 5.8 for control. I'm planning on just using this for flying around my farm, low altitude like 3-10 ft, at full speed no more than 500-600 ft out. Does anyone have a schematic of a video of what's inside? I want to take out the 2.4 video downlink but I'm not sure what is OK to remove without affecting control. Any ideas?

When you open the shell the Wi-Fi module is the rectangular silver box. You will see the two Wi-Fi antenna plugs on one end, and a couple of small gray ribbon connectors. You can also remove the Wi-Fi antenna - the antenna are located on either side of the battery bay. The three gray ribbons feeding up into the shell from the missing gimbal may also be removed.

Ok Dirty Bird, you seem to know the Phantom guts pretty well. I have a Eagle Tree Vector controller/OSD w/ GPS. I'm thinking of taking the NAZA out and putting the vector in with a 2.4 receiver for control. Will the Phantom ESC's plug into the Vector and work? I would run the GPS thru the top of the case (remove the DJI GPS MODULE) and remove the compass lead since the Vector has a compass. Then I could make shorter skids, since I took the compass off, to squeez thru tighter places. This should be the bomb for around the farm FPV. ANY ADVISE OR COMMENTS.

The Eagle Tree system looks interesting, particularly if you are building a system from the ground up. Unfortunately I have no idea how it will function as a replacement for the NAZA or with the remaining Vision+ components.

So I flew the gutted P2V+ tonight. It was obvious that I was loosing power with the powered up but nonfunctioning wifi unit. I got a good 20 min of balls to the wall FPV....lots of change in direction and altitude which uses juice. So do you think I can by pass the 5.8 receiver using the native NAZA that comes with the plus and install a 2.4 for control?

You can completely remove the stock 5.8 Ghz receiver and install any 7-channel (or higher) 2.4 Ghz receiver. Just take care when connecting from the NAZA to the receiver that you have made the correct connections. This is something you might want to test before you actively fly by strapping the aircraft down and observing the rotors so you are sure it is connected & responding properly to your inputs.

Never forget watching this guy take off in this awesome nitro F4U Corsair. It was gorgeous....beautiful paint....hydraulic folding wings. Sweet bird. He neglected to test his control surfaces before he took off on the maiden flight. Ailerons were reversed...she lifted off and rolled left....he countered with right aileron but they were reversed and she rolled left and plowed hard into the ground nose first & upside down. The aircraft was pretty much a total loss. :shock:

Sounds like a builder, not a flier. I'm more than likely going to spend too much time and money on my P2V+ FPV mods but I like the Phantom platform and case. It's so durable and has lots of room. The battery and flight time are a real plus too. Thanks for your input.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl