P2V+ or P2 with Gimbal and GoPro (Which one should I buy)

Reaction score
Hello,

I just crashed my P2V+ in the water and lost it completely. I am considering purchasing another unit but wondering if I should buy the same one, or go with the Phantom 2 with FPV capabilities and GoPro camera. From a pricing standpoint, it's almost the same, but I recall someone telling me about buying the P2 instead of the P2V+. Apparently there are some advantages.

What is your opinion?

Re: P2V+ or P2 with Gimbal and GoPro (Which one should I buy

I fly two Phantom 2 Visions, but I don't own them (my university does). When I'm ready to buy my own setup, I will likely get the straight Phantom 2 because with a nice gimbal and gopro, the footage is twice as good. The video quality is better, but more importantly, a good gimbal (zenmuse h3-3d) can make your shots look hollywood level smoothness.

Just my opinion, look to see what others say!

I have a P2V+ and am looking to buy a second P2. I'm trying to decide between the P2V+ or just a P2 with H3-3D and GoPro.

I would avoid the Vision because the Gimbal makes ALL the difference.

Can anyone speak to realistic flight times between the P2V+ and P2 with H3-3D?

I am in the similar buying spot right now (except I didnt lose one - sorry). No question, I am going P2 with GoPro 3+ and H3 3D gimbal....The difference in quality and stability of images/videos that come from this setup are second to none. That said, if you want an eye in the sky and just want to see what your P2 is seeing, go P2V+.

I am still trying to figure out best build for FPV and iOSD along with antennas before I pull trigger.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20