P2V+ Night Lights Bling

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the LED light stripes that strobe or have colored lights for the Vision Plus?
It's time to increase awareness of UFO sightings in my neighborhood!
Any recommendations on the best/brightest, ready to install LED light kits for the P2V+?
Preciate it!

Gr8Chef said:
Does anyone have experience with the LED light stripes that strobe or have colored lights for the Vision Plus?
It's time to increase awareness of UFO sightings in my neighborhood!
Any recommendations on the best/brightest, ready to install LED light kits for the P2V+?
Preciate it!

I DON'T KNOW, BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE ON HERE THAT DO. MEANWHILE DO A SEARCH USING THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST! :D

I wish I was RG colorblind!

There are a number of LED light kit options available on eBay for Phantoms that source power from the main LIPO battery balance lead. But not for the V+. The biggest issue is getting power to the light strip & I don't want to solder into the P2V+'s power supply. Best if the light kit used an external battery power source. The search continues :ugeek:

Gr8Chef said:
There are a number of LED light kit options available on eBay for Phantoms that source power from the main LIPO battery balance lead. But not for the Plus. The biggest issue is getting power to the light strip & I don't want to solder into the P2V+'s power supply. Best if the light kit used an external battery power source. The search continues :ugeek:

Just as a note, an external battery is always an option, but it is almost *never* an ideal one. You will always lose flight time powering a peripheral from a auxiliary battery, compared to powering from the flight battery (either directly or through a BEC). There are a lot of 12v LEDs that can be connected (soldered or crimped) directly to an unregulated voltage lead from the P2V+ (including the leads from the battery or ESCs to the mainboard), or 3-5v LEDs that are best handled with a BEC. There are alternative solutions in each case but they all carry some added risk or weight penalty. External battery has low risk but by far the greatest weight penalty of any option.

If avoiding soldering at all costs, or removability between MRs is a high priority, you can definitely tape/velcro any manner of flashlight/headlamp or self-powered LED strip to the outside of any quad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic