P2V Issue on Range

Reaction score
Hi,

I know this topic was posted before but wanted to confirm since my call to DJI support didn't give me a hint that there was an existing problem. My Vision only goes up about 150ft, when i reach about 170ft it will RTH. All my flights have been successful but i don't go above 150ft. When i called up DJI they said my Vision was still in warranty but i would have to send in my remote for 4 weeks to get it checked out. I bought mine Nov. 12 from Amazon.

Has anyone experienced this problem and fixes? My firmware is 1.0.8. I figure I'm going to ask my friend who i coaxed into buying to lend me his remote so i can check.

On another note has anyone been able to mod to another transmitter?

Thanks!

Joel

You say it will only go up to 150ft, is that straight above you? If so you probably need to point the antenna a different way on the transmitter. How far will it go away from you? And have you ever had the remote apart to connect to the USB?

Thanks,

Yes I have opened it to update firmware. Tried to make sure everything back in order. I've set the antennae at the 90degree angle.

Yes about 50 fit away from me and just straight up 150 feet.

Regards,

Joel

I haven't had it fly away as much since I get nervous that it is already returning home at 150 feet. Not completely above me maybe 100 feet away as well and then up

Hmmm it should go way further than that, I've had mine at double that height straight above me without moving aerial and no loss of signal. There have been many reports about the antenna cable/connection getting damaged when people opened up the remote to do the update. Any chance of you returning it for a replacement as something is definitely not right?
I would suggest doing this easy test to check whether the antenna on you're remote is actually doing anything, fly the phantom away from you with the remote antenna tip pointing straight at the phantom and see where you lose signal, after it starts returning home toggle the S2 switch so you regain control then put the antenna vertical as it should be and see if the range increases. If there is no significant increase then it would point to the antenna not doing its job. Luckily with the reduced range you are getting you should have the result within a 150ft flight if I had to do this test on mine I would have to go to maybe 1500ft.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj