P2V is a Dud. A Flop. A Disappointment.

Reaction score
You keep trying to find a reason to love the P2V. Every leafless tree cuts out your FPV. The video can't be watch for more than a minute without getting seasick. The night photos are blurry. The day photos are fish eyed and boring.

Do yourself a favor. Join me, Shrimpfarmer, LeoS and others. Sell your P2V on Craigslist. Order an all in one P2 with zenmuse and FP v iosd etc installed from BHphoto. The gopro video is simply incredible. Swallow your pride and step up your game to where you know you want it to be.

Regards,

If the resulting video gives you seasickness and it wasn't a particularly windy day, then you'd better buff up on your fingers skill.

Sure, a 2\3 axis gimbal will negate most of jerks on the video; but erratic flying takes toll on the craft itself, battery consumption, higher possibilities to get into stalls\unsafe situations and also (an anecdotal) possibility of overloading the flight controller to detrimental result.

Btw, I'm keeping my P2V. I plan to use it as a platform to test other Wifi cameras.

I agree with you that the video quality is a bit lacking in the stability department. But images work perfectly.

3855179_orig.jpg

http://www.jgtechnology.com.au/uav-photography.html

I fully respect your opinion, and you're fully entitled to it. Some people feel exactly the same way, some don't. In any event it seems a bit odd to go to the trouble of making (another) user name on a Phantom help and discussion forum just to make your point. Your opinion would carry a lot more weight if you didn't just hit and run with a novelty name.

Why don't you link us to some of your P2V videos and some of your P2 videos to show us the comparison, and why you wanted to change? Tell us about the cost of your P2 with GoPro, zenmuse and FPV Kit. Let us know how the installation went, or how much you paid to have it done professionally? Whether or not you find the lack of camera control on the GoPro to be a slight downside compared to taking still with the Vision? What was your experience getting a refund/return on your P2V? Which dealer so others know who gives good service?

You know, useful stuff that might actually help others?

Just sayin'! ;)

DumpP2VgetaPv2FPVkit said:
You keep trying to find a reason to love the P2V. Every leafless tree cuts out your FPV. The video can't be watch for more than a minute without getting seasick. The night photos are blurry. The day photos are fish eyed and boring.

Do yourself a favor. Join me, Shrimpfarmer, LeoS and others. Sell your P2V on Craigslist. Order an all in one P2 with zenmuse and FP v iosd etc installed from BHphoto. The gopro video is simply incredible. Swallow your pride and step up your game to where you know you want it to be.

Regards,

Being a one poster and to help you navigate this forum here's a handy link that will help you on your quest !
viewforum.php?f=9

Perhaps we need a few moderators to sanitize these kind of posts, which appear to be troll-posts...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I am doing just that. Should be sold today. But I am not going with a Phantom at all this time. Not even DJI. Got my eye on something a bit more Pro you might say. More money but hopefully worth it. I am not going in blindly this time. I will do my homework.
Not that I don't like the Phantoms, I do, but I am looking for something more in the quality video and picture department. Hope you guys continue to enjoy yours. Props up.

Let's see where this takes me.

Oh and as far as a dud, a flop, and a disappointment. I wouldn't say all of that but to each his own. Maybe a little on the disappointment side for some of us but hardly a dud or a flop. Just not for everybody. I can only hope what I get next flies as smooth.

And then? No offense but there is a chance that when you sell the P2V, the new owner of your P2V will post here also and nothing will change ;)

Pull_Up said:
I fully respect your opinion, and you're fully entitled to it. Some people feel exactly the same way, some don't. In any event it seems a bit odd to go to the trouble of making (another) user name on a Phantom help and discussion forum just to make your point. Your opinion would carry a lot more weight if you didn't just hit and run with a novelty name.

Why don't you link us to some of your P2V videos and some of your P2 videos to show us the comparison, and why you wanted to change? Tell us about the cost of your P2 with GoPro, zenmuse and FPV Kit. Let us know how the installation went, or how much you paid to have it done professionally? Whether or not you find the lack of camera control on the GoPro to be a slight downside compared to taking still with the Vision? What was your experience getting a refund/return on your P2V? Which dealer so others know who gives good service?

Just sayin'! ;)

Well said. Even fans of the P2V know it's flawed and, to be honest, it's fair to say that there's always someone out there that is bitching about what's wrong with a piece of technology. I also own a Canon 5D Mark III which, I think, is one of the best DSLRs in the world and there are those that are still complaining about it.

The P2V allows you to have great fun flying, get more than decent photographs (certainly suitable for almost every computer-based screen purpose, maybe not for print) and can also get some pretty decent video if your flying skills are really good and you use stabilizing software (even YouTube's free one).

Switching to a P2 looks attractive but, as previously mentioned, when you add everything up, it winds up being really expensive and it is far from plug and play.

I think it's possible to make some great pictures and video with the P2V but it takes work and patience and skill and there are some people out there that don't have any of those things and they are the ones who complain the most.

Drone7 said:
And then? No offense but there is a chance that when you sell the P2V, the new owner of your P2V will post here also and nothing will change ;)

They already do post here...... ;)

Pull_Up said:

Just sayin'! ;)

+1! I couldn't have said it better

disjecta said:
Pull_Up said:

Just sayin'! ;)

Well said. Even fans of the P2V know it's flawed and, to be honest, it's fair to say that there's always someone out there that is bitching about what's wrong with a piece of technology. I also own a Canon 5D Mark III which, I think, is one of the best DSLRs in the world and there are those that are still complaining about it.

The P2V allows you to have great fun flying, get more than decent photographs (certainly suitable for almost every computer-based screen purpose, maybe not for print) and can also get some pretty decent video if your flying skills are really good and you use stabilizing software (even YouTube's free one).

Switching to a P2 looks attractive but, as previously mentioned, when you add everything up, it winds up being really expensive and it is far from plug and play.

I think it's possible to make some great pictures and video with the P2V but it takes work and patience and skill and there are some people out there that don't have any of those things and they are the ones who complain the most.

Again, totally agree. The P2 set up that you described would be a lot more expensive, almost double the price. I'm perfectly happy with my phantom 2 vision. At most I might add a brushless gimbal to it. As a real estate agent the platform is perfect for what I do. It's possible that I may upgrade to another machine in the future, but as with anything technology improves over time. I'm considering one day possibly upgrading to the DJI S1000 but in all honesty it would probably be overkill for what I do with it. In my opinion the Phantom 2 Vision is a great platform. The ability to take a photo while flying and viewing the photo in first person is tits.

All that being said, you do realize you could probably just put a go pro mount on the Phantom 2 vision and temporarily remove the factory camera, right? The Phantom 2 vision is essentially the same machine as the Phantom 2 with really only one using 2.4 and the other using 5.8.

Scott have you viewed the comparison videos of the visions camera to the gopro? The gopro BLOWS the vision out of the water , makes it look like a lads toy. Why throw good money after bad stabilizing inferior video? Bhphoto Zi got my P2 Zenmuse iosd fpv new case all installed and warranties by bhphoto $1800 us, not squid pound or euro. Dollars!
Convert now, or fall forever..,,

You can get $800 on craigslist for it. I wouldn't use eBay with the high fees and the buyer protection. I'm sure 2 or 3 people will be shopping the pv2 did back as disappointed as we all are with it.

Scott have you viewed the comparison videos of the visions camera to the gopro? The gopro BLOWS the vision out of the water , makes it look like a lads toy. Why throw good money after bad stabilizing inferior video? Bhphoto Zi got my P2 Zenmuse iosd fpv new case all installed and warranties by bhphoto $1800 us, not squid pound or euro. Dollars!
Convert now, or fall forever..,,

So with the cost of a GoPro as well you spent twice the money and got the video quality you personally wanted, whilst sacrificing the ability to take well-framed stills - and it sounds like you're very happy with that, which is awesome.

For people like me who don't own a GoPro, didn't want broadcast quality video, didn't want FPV goggles, wanted the remote-controlled camera and only had $1200 to spend the Vision hits the spot, too!

Just becuase you spent an amount of money on something that didn't give you what you wanted (i.e. fully stabilized, pro-quality video), then sold it in order to spend twice as much to get what you really wanted doesn't make the first machine a "dud" - it just makes your purchase of it a dud, which is a subtle but crucial difference!

But now that you're happy I look forward to the Phantom 2 sub-board feeling some of your new-found joy - although you may find your username is preaching to the converted a bit over there. ;)

So I have both .
You can't compare both the phantom vision to the phantom 2 .
Yes they look the same but until you have both you start to understand there usefulness on their own merits.
And how they both have good and bad in there own way.
I started with the vision and then realized I need better video for my business so it was logical to get the p2. Now I was prepared to go the 550 flamewheel had paid the money until my research showed I would only be able to get 8-10 min of flying time at the best.
What both these phantoms have is there flying time I dont think most high end machines can stay in the air for that long..
And thats whats its about flying right... not making movies or creating Google earth...

Scottrod said:
Pull_Up said:

Just sayin'! ;)

+1! I couldn't have said it better

+2

Pull_Up said:
Just becuase you spent an amount of money on something that didn't give you what you wanted (i.e. fully stabilized, pro-quality video), then sold it in order to spend twice as much to get what you really wanted doesn't make the first machine a "dud" - it just makes your purchase of it a dud, which is a subtle but crucial difference

So you bough a dud you say, do better research, if you knew what you wanted why buy the non-gumball solution?

Personally you come across as a perfect match for John Gabriel's theory...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

To the OP, perhaps you had high expectations of the P2V, there is a saying that "Expectations are only a resentment in the making".

As for me and others we keep having a load of fun and not to mention I had my company pay 1/2 the cost as I also use the P2V on development projects in and around the Los Angeles area.

Here is a one shot of many that I took last weekend down at the Long Beach harbor area across from the Queen Mary. Perfect no, a blast yes.

And yes I already see myself upgrading in the next 6 months or so as I have a South American trip planned (I wonder how my P2V will react in Machu Picchu, Peru???????)

azaoea.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues