P2V iPhone App removed!!!!

Reaction score
Just received my P2V today, starting setting everything up and was looking forward to my first flight when I suddenly ran into a slight issue.

P2V "app has been removed in your country", I then followed the link on DJI website and also scanned the QR code but still say's it's been removed.

I then went to checkout the P2V tutorial video's to make sure I had done everything ok and it seem's they have removed the 4 video's off youtube too.

What the hell is going on :(

I think the app has been removed because there were some huge bugs in the latest release. The YouTube videos might be gone because Colin Guinn is no longer with DJI, and he had done most of the tutorials.

W.A.R. said:
I think the app has been removed because there were some huge bugs in the latest release. The YouTube videos might be gone because Colin Guinn is no longer with DJI, and he had done most of the tutorials.

Colin left? **** I really am behind the times

Welcome to our world. Are you sure you don't want to turn around and go back ? Well do ya ? :twisted:

Just kidding! :lol:
Welcome.
Sadly you joined us at a rocky time but you will be ok..........I think...
And don't apologize........this place IS getting a bit messy.

imthebest20 said:
Just received my P2V today, starting setting everything up and was looking forward to my first flight when I suddenly ran into a slight issue.

P2V "app has been removed in your country", I then followed the link on DJI website and also scanned the QR code but still say's it's been removed.

I then went to checkout the P2V tutorial video's to make sure I had done everything ok and it seem's they have removed the 4 video's off youtube too.

What the hell is going on :(

I have a link to the videos if you still need them. http://www.droneslinger.com Then select Youtube Vid and then DJI Instructional.

-slinger

You think the new videos will be in engrish?
Will there be new videos?
Will there be a new app?
Will there be an old app?
Will Collin get his life straight and quit stealing?
Or will he fall even farther and end up on skid row with needles hanging out of his arms?
We need to know.

Nvr2fst said:
Will there be a new app?
Or will he fall even farther and end up on skid row with needles hanging out of his arms?
We need to know.

Queue the corny organ music... dolly back... and fade to black...
Stay tuned, children...

Nvr2fst said:
Will there be a new app?
We need to know.

As the drone turns.....

Nvr2fst said:
Welcome to our world. Are you sure you don't want to turn around and go back ? Well do ya ? :twisted:

Welcome.

I'm actually seriously considering returning it.

The whole experience so far has been a little off putting.

I had to wait nearly 2 weeks to receive it and the free battery didn't show up, dealer says it will be another 2 weeks for it again. The app and all the videos are gone so I can't use the P2V and after reading round the forum and others about Colin and the possible future of the company doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

It's something I would seriously love but I really need to think whether I should keep it in the hope everything will be ok and DJI remain the front leaders of this technology

imthebest20 said:
Nvr2fst said:

Welcome.

I'm actually seriously considering returning it.

The whole experience so far has been a little off putting.

I had to wait nearly 2 weeks to receive it and the free battery didn't show up, dealer says it will be another 2 weeks for it again. The app and all the videos are gone so I can't use the P2V and after reading round the forum and others about Colin and the possible future of the company doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

It's something I would seriously love but I really need to think whether I should keep it in the hope everything will be ok and DJI remain the front leaders of this technology

Oh I don't believe Colin will be the demise of the company. It's not his. Just a hiccup here in the U.S..
It would be nice if we were told more but I think it is just a little restructuring going on.
As far as the Vision goes, it is pretty cool but not top notch. It has shown some issues.
I don't want to be personably responsible for your decision.
So if you are on the fence read up, and read a lot and see if it is right for you.

Slinger gave you a link to the videos he saved.
You can still fly it like you would the First Phantom without FPV until the app is back up. I believe it won't be long.
Just use the switch on back of the camera.

Nvr2fst said:
You can still fly it like you would the First Phantom without FPV until the app is back up. I believe it won't be long.

I can get the machine working without FPV and Colin leaving isn't a massive issue, CEO's come and go all the time but all the press online about DJI is extremely negative.

In all honesty I'm probably just being extremely irrational about the whole thing, it's just been a niggling purchase for from the start not helped by the dealer who keeps blaming DJI for stocking issues.

I have 7 days to return so it's probably best to get the machine up in the air tomorrow, see if it blows me away and hopefully DJI with have an app fix by The weekend.

I've never flown one before so I'm just a little nervous of going without the FPV for that added comfort.

imthebest20 said:
Nvr2fst said:

I can get the machine working without FPV and Colin leaving isn't a massive issue, CEO's come and go all the time but all the press online about DJI is extremely negative.

In all honesty I'm probably just being extremely irrational about the whole thing, it's just been a niggling purchase for from the start not helped by the dealer who keeps blaming DJI for stocking issues.

I have 7 days to return so it's probably best to get the machine up in the air tomorrow, see if it blows me away and hopefully DJI with have an app fix by The weekend.

I've never flown one before so I'm just a little nervous of going without the FPV for that added comfort.

Now this is just my opinion but I believe you should learn the basics of flying before using FPV.
Make sure you have everything updated, except the app of course :roll:
Read
Read and read some more.

It actually is a cool product, it just has some growing pains. Some have more than others. My issues have been minimal but I am very picky. And yes DJI does have to get on the ball with PR here real soon.
I have been flying the original for a long time and haven't really had any problems. Just a couple gripes with design like the battery plug being a lame idea and the update that changed how long we had to wait for start up and the LED pattern change.

I haven't flown my Vision much because of weather but when I did it flew really nice. I have not had any battery connection issues as of yet. We will see. My camera has a little blur in the lower left corner. I guess it's livable but It erks me a bit.

WiFi range can be iffy.

Your results may vary though.

imthebest20 said:
Nvr2fst said:

Smart money says... It's gonna blow you away... :D

-slinger

I love doing the Wifi dance with that App and Wifi Booster and Phantom 2V. connect, disconnect, connect - phantom not found, connect -phantom found, open camera feature, no connection to phantom...rinse and repeat. Usually by the third time it works.

It's a garbage app from that standpoint. But it's one hell of an app from a functionality standpoint. But if you can't connect, what's the point.

(did I make enough points?)

Magnumb said:
I love doing the Wifi dance with that App and Wifi Booster and Phantom 2V. connect, disconnect, connect - phantom not found, connect -phantom found, open camera feature, no connection to phantom...rinse and repeat. Usually by the third time it works.

It's a garbage app from that standpoint. But it's one hell of an app from a functionality standpoint. But if you can't connect, what's the point.

(did I make enough points?)

We get your point(s) :lol:

drone-pilot said:
Any idea when they'll put up a new revision? I'm currently appless.

Looks like they just put it up now. Your timing is flawless... :D

Live in canada and just looked at the apple App Store on my ipad.
Searched for DJI. Selected iPhone only and up it came

App is still here in canada

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic