P2v+ had no control

Reaction score
Hi Pilots,
Today I took my P2V+ out for a flight, pre checks were fine showing 8 satellites compass calibration good and batteries on RC and bird fully charged, when I started motors it tilted over and flipped upside down I couldn't shutdown from remote so picked up by landing gear, the motors sped up holding above my head but still had no control through RC, it wouldn't turn off so I was forced to switch off the batteries. Any ideas what the problem may be? I took the props off and powered up again and had full control this time but am worried about trying to fly again.
ps had a good signal, aerial up and wifi extender ok.
Thank you

Hi,

This has happened to me too, although my bird didn't flip upside down. I've had my P2V tilt and land on its side on an attempted launch with the props digging into the soft ground.

For the record, I hate CSC.

IMO, you should forget about the CSC. Next time you find yourself holding the AC with the props spinning, just move the left stick all the way down and hold it for three seconds. Hold the AC very still. The props will stop.

To help the AC lift off correctly, I used to start the motors first, then when I'm ready to launch, gently increase the RPMs just slightly and hold. The front lamps may light up red but that's okay. Now the props are spinning a bit faster than idle. Then after a second or two, give the left stick full thrust. This way the props have a head start on max speed. Since doing this, I haven't had a problem.

But nowadays, I simply use auto-launch with Litchi. Always a very smooth launch! It's perfect every time. I love it. And when I land, I use left stick down. I have stopped using CSC altogether.

Hope this helps.

Mark, I had not control on the RC pulled all the way down and wouldn't shut down, power was full speed and even hard to hold only way to stop it was to push the battery button twice, very scary

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yeah I understand. The problem is, unless you are holding the AC very still, it thinks it's flying. If you hold the AC still, the props will stop. If you cannot hold the AC still, then I guess you don't have a choice.

+1 @Mark The Droner, the quad has to be level and the right way up before the fully down stick would stop the quad motors, a CSC would have done the trick.

As for take off and flipping, im guessing you gave it a slight bit of throttle without realising it and then as you powered for take off the quad sensed an altitude gain\loss due to the naff barometer inside (DJI used cheap parts to keep the cost down) and tried to compensate for the height loss\gain resulting in an uneven power up and the quad tipped, or the IMU calibration is off and the quad thought it wasnt level and tried to restore level and then tipped over, or my last guess is you just didnt give it enough juice on take off and a breeze shifted the quad off level.

Just my thoughts

Reactions: Sparky1963

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic