P2V Gimbal?

Reaction score
So now that the P2V+ is out and all these Gimbals are coming out for the P2V... The big question is what Gimbal is the best? I want to get one but its hard to know what know is the best.

Can someone break it down for me?

If they are working properly they should all give very similar levels of stabilisation. The differentiators include:

Robustness of construction - gimbals don't do well after a hard "landing";
If they are running genuine controller boards, not knock-offs;
Weight (but see my first point);
Power efficiency;
Utility (can you repurpose it on another aircraft, for example?);
Price;
Support;
Availability of spares (see first point!);
Upgradeability (3rd axis?);
... and so on!

For what it's worth I'm very happy with my Rotorpixel, but there are people equally happy with their Dronexpert gimbal, their chinese all-plastic knock-off SimpleBGC board gimbal, and everything in between. It's all about what's best for you, really.

I have not seen anything about the second gimbal you commented on. I should look in to it. I want to do the first one but the 3 month wait would kill me. Are all gimbals that long of a wait?

Edit: wow, $600 for that gimbal? Thats a lot.

I love Rotorpixel BUT I have not received the package yet since it was shipped on 22 April..
And try to contact Keri and the response is hopeless.
It is international Small Packet International Surface. I ask Rotorpixel for shipment receipt to contact to my local post office but nothing attempt to help from the company.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers