P2V+ gimbal to H43D/GP4 coversion

Reaction score
Greetings:
I have unmodified P2V+ and have had ongoing gimbal problems with it. My question is if I replace the standard P2V+ gimbal/cam with a DJI H43D gimbal and use a H4B will I still be able to use the camera adjustment functions and thumb wheel tilt functions through either the DJI app or FPV Booster app?

Greetings:
I have unmodified P2V+ and have had ongoing gimbal problems with it. My question is if I replace the standard P2V+ gimbal/cam with a DJI H43D gimbal and use a H4B will I still be able to use the camera adjustment functions and thumb wheel tilt functions through either the DJI app or FPV Booster app?

Contact macsoft by PM he converted his P2v+ back in April and uses H4B. should be able to answer your questions

Greetings:

I have a P2V+ with the H33D v1.0 and HB3+ Black edition. Nothing has changed with your setup, except I can use the rear GOpro 30pin port.

You will NO longer be able to adjust settings or take photos on the fly. You can however setup simulataneous Vid and stills. But if you film in 4K, its better to take grabs as the photos are piss poor on the Gopro. Remember to enable OSD on the gopro so you can see the big *** record button on your FPV. Nothing worse then flying without hitting the record button.

Tilt will still work fine in the DJI App. I haven't used the FPV Booster app in a while (my p2 is a backup unit and I im scared that boosting may fry the module). You will now have addition settings for Vert and Horizontal when you switch to the H43D.

And you will need to use a third party app if you have IOS. You will need to use android if you want less headaches, The telemetry will not appear with IOS and to get FPV, you will need to enable GS and swipe to GS and screen and then back to Main screen for the FPV to appear.

Also, please make sure you read up before upgrading to the latest gopro firmware. There has been threads where gopro has disabled the side USB FPV port. They have already disabled the rear 30pin port and now taking it further.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj