P2V drew a crowd at the park this morning

Reaction score
Anyone have a script with answers for all the questions being throw at you when you are trying to enjoy your flight? :shock:

I put the bird up in the air and within 2 minutes I had three kids at my feet. A few minute later here come the parents. By the time I was ready to but the P2V back on the ground I had to literally clear a landing pad because there were so many onlookers standing around me.

Another dad came out there with a small heli while I was buzzing the P2V around and one of the dads standing behind me said, "If I were him I'd be embarrassed flying that thing out here." hahahaha :lol:

Having some good times with my new bird already!

I saw somewhere someone suggesting having a t-shirt made with printing on the back along the lines of:

1. It's a DJI Phantom 2 Vision quadcopter;
2. About 1500ft;
3. Way too much;
4. Yes, you can see what you are recording on the smartphone;
5. No, you can't have a go.

Happy to answer any others when I've landed it!

Pull_Up said:
I saw somewhere someone suggesting having a t-shirt made with printing on the back along the lines of:

2. About 1500ft;
3. Way too much;

Love it! I basically said all of those. :lol:

Pull_Up said:

2. About 1500ft;
3. Way too much;

Oh I am going to have this t shirt printed for me! :)

Bizarre, literally answered the same set of questions 4 times today. Where do we get the T-shirts?

Two dudes on the left..."Can see what you are recording on the smartphone?"

Capture.JPG

Noël said:
Is it not much more fun to turnoff the TX, and start talking to the people?

I like this idea turn off TX, answer questions from onlookers, as Phantom is doing the RTH mode - it'll blow their minds when it comes in while your speaking...

AnselA said:
Turning RTH on, lifting your hands off TX, moving them as a magician and mumbling some strange words ;D

Hahaha. Better yet, turn off the TX and act like a mime pulling an invisible rope. Lol

Scottrod said:
AnselA said:
Turning RTH on, lifting your hands off TX, moving them as a magician and mumbling some strange words ;D

Hahaha. Better yet, turn off the TX and act like a mime pulling an invisible rope. Lol

Yes that is a great one :D

I have found that it really exposes the differences between the sexes. The local field where I practice my flying skills is popular with dog walkers and females rarely give the PV2 a second glance whereas around half of all the males either stop and look or start a conversation. I took it out into the countryside with swmbo last weekend and she did not even ask for a go !

There must be some female pilots out there so if you are a woman reading this, please say hello. If you are a female lurker it only takes a moment to register and then you can say hello :)

Great post of a so true observation - My wife has taken pictures of scores of men and children, and yes even many women, standing around me asking questions as I am piloting my P2V.

Yesterday at the Seal Beach, California pier I could have sold 5 units on the spot if I had them for sale.

The questions that people ask are spot on. I too need that T-shirt.

Love my P2V.

Don the builder said:
Yesterday at the Seal Beach, California pier I could have sold 5 units on the spot if I had them for sale.

Hmmmm. Now there's an idea for those among us who have unlimited funds (you ARE out there aren't you?). Buy four or five Phantom 2 Visions and keep them in your car. When someone comes up and is TRULY interested, you can offer up one for sale - with a few extra bucks for, um, quick access. :lol:

MrTommy said:
Don the builder said:

Hmmmm. Now there's an idea for those among us who have unlimited funds (you ARE out there aren't you?). Buy four or five Phantom 2 Visions and keep them in your car. When someone comes up and is TRULY interested, you can offer up one for sale - with a few extra bucks for, um, quick access. :lol:

Yeah not a bad idea.

I told a group once in Berkeley that I worked for the NSA. They immediately stopped asking questions.

NCSG said:
I told a group once in Berkeley that I worked for the NSA. They immediately stopped asking questions.

Don't stop there. :D

"I'm field testing for the NSA. It has a new feature. It can be controlled by thought. Let me show you." Then take a tinfoil hat with antennae out of a bag, put it on, switch off the transmitter and look intently at the Phantom while you 'make it return and land it'.

Make certain you have somebody recording the reaction of the onlookers for giggles. :lol:

Big Ben said:
NCSG said:

Don't stop there. :D

"I'm field testing for the NSA. It has a new feature. It can be controlled by thought. Let me show you." Then take a tinfoil hat with antennae out of a bag, put it on, switch off the transmitter and look intently at the Phantom while you 'make it return and land it'.

Make certain you have somebody recording the reaction of the onlookers for giggles. :lol:

Ha ha that is the best one :D

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj