P2V Dead Camera = P2 + FPV.... Also iOSD Question

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for some advice before i progress too much further - Long story short, my P2V Camera is dead, in which case my go pro is going to get the new job as lead camera.

I have a heap of existing gear I'm hoping to use, so I'm not really out of pocket too much.

In the image below you can see i already have a GoPro Hero 3, Gimbal, Monitor and a 2.4ghz AV TX/RX.
P2V_FPV_03.jpg

The big question is it possible to hook up an iOSD mini to the rig to obviously get the OSD stuff on the FPV monitor as now i don't have the vision app functionality.
P2V_FPV_02.jpg

If so where and how to i make use of it, as obviously it is a different setup to the standard P2 :-/

Any help is greatly appreciated - the P2V side of the forums didn't respond, thought you guys would know more about the FPV stuff anyway :)

Is there a CAN bus connector on the P2V mainboard? Should be 4 pins: V+, CAN-HIGH, CAN-LOW, and GND. If you can locate the CAN interface and figure out the pin out, you should be good to go.

Ok - So good news, The P2V main board has the CAN bus connector,

Bad news, i discovered why the camera really wasn't working, i guess it could have been worse, but either way not ideal!!!!

Last question i think i have is, does the iosd mini connector plug straight into the main board ??? Does anyone know???

P2V_Board.jpg

Physically, no. It is intended to plug into the external CAN terminal but good news for you is you can cut the wires and splice them together. You will need the correct plug with a few inches of wire for the CAN bus socket on the main board. Do you have that?

Caveat emptor: this is new territory so no guarantees it will work but as I see it, the P2V CAN bus will have the same data sets on it as the P2, so it in theory should work. Splicing OSD directly to the CAN terminal I know works because I've done it to mine:

viewtopic.php?t=6874&p=54535

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4