P2V+ cool-down wait time...???

Reaction score
So I was wondering what you guys think is a proper wait time to let the ESC's, motors, RX, etc on the P2V+ cool down before sending her right back up again. I have two batteries and when I'm out on shoots I don't want to wait too long between batteries to continue flying if I need to get another shot or the lighting is fading. Obviously on a REALLY hot day, the wait time would be longer, but let's say it's this time of year, the weather here in Houston at its high has been 65-70, so what's a good time to wait before sending the quad back up, and then in the summer it gets up to 98-100 at a high during the day, what would be a good wait time during a brutally hot day like that???

Thanks and cheers!

-Clint

You don't think the motors or ESC's, or RX etc get too hot during a full 20 minute flight and need a cool down time before taking off again for another 20 minute flight???

The only thing that needs a cool down time, and is also recommended, is recharging the batteries. I take 3 batteries out flying, return home with 3 warm batteries and then I leave them for an hour or so before I begin recharging them.

DJI have put some of their bigger machines through 72 hour continuous flight tests with no issues.
DJI are pretty conservative with their recommendations and have never suggested any cool down time.
I think as long as you keep the fans running the Phantom will be happy.

Alright, thanks for the tips guys! I just figured since when I used to fly my T Rex 600 E helicopter it needed a considerable amount of time to cool down because the motor and ESC's would get hot enough that you could cook an egg on them! So I wasn't sure about how hot the units on the P2V+ were getting and how much cooldown time they might need between flights. Good to know though, thanks for the tips!

DJIClint said:
Alright, thanks for the tips guys! I just figured since when I used to fly my T Rex 600 E helicopter it needed a considerable amount of time to cool down because the motor and ESC's would get hot enough that you could cook an egg on them! So I wasn't sure about how hot the units on the P2V+ were getting and how much cooldown time they might need between flights. Good to know though, thanks for the tips!

Yeah, there's nothing to fear about heating - only your WiFi module, probably.

The brushless motors cools theirselves during flight, and props rotation + wind will keep Phantom just great with temperature.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers