P2V+ connection error at 45m altitude iPhone 6+

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I bought a DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ from you a few years ago (my first drone), it’s been in the box for a few years and I’ve only been flying it for the first time this past month and it's been great learning with no incidents but are noticing a small issue.

When I get the drone to about 40-45meters in altitude directly straight up above me I am getting a “connection lost” error on my iPhone screen. I’ve replicated this behaviour 3 times now and 1 time the drone decided to return home successfully, the other times the error went away and I was able to descend.

I’ve made sure all firmware and everything is up to date, I looked online and people were saying to try the phone in “airplane mode” with only “wifi” turned on so I tried that and I still get the same result.

I’m getting 10 satellites and are making sure I do the compass calibration fully every time.

Also I am testing the drone in an open oval, and did notice there was a few private networks around and was thinking perhaps the phone might have been detecting these networks in flight when the connection from the phone/wifi repeater to the drone gets lower?

But having said that the issue only happens in altitude, when I fly 100+ meters away horizontally I have not experienced the connection issue.

Just wondering if there are any settings you recommend for iPhone 6+ users for optimal connection etc.

Any help would be great,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav