P2V Camera Wifi failure

Reaction score
Phantom 2 Vision purchased 12/26/13. All batteries & range extender fully charged. All SW updated to latest versions. Camera has 1.1.9 firmware. Searched this Forum and DJI for answers, but NO luck in finding applicable answer.

In the past I have had NO problems viewing the video stream from the Phantom2V. In Nov 2014 I had no problems. In Jan 2015 it took several tries to get connected to the video stream. In Feb 2015, I could connect to the camera and see data from the Phantom (GPS, altitude, etc.), but no video stream. After trying different settings, trying to rebind, re-downloading the iPhone apps (1.0.48), loading the new PT2 app for the Mac (Vers 3.8), now I can NOT connect to the Phantom.

I get the following messages when trying connect: -Connection to the Phantom Failed, when trying to access the SD card, I get -Could not connect to remote album.

To clarify; when I startup transmitter, range extender and Phantom, I can connect my iPhone 5s to the Phantom_602c8d wi-fi. I do NOT see any FC200_602c8d network (the camera?). When I go to the app and click on Camera, I get -Connection to Phantom Failed. It looks like the range extender is not connected to the Phantom, right?.

So how do I connect the range extender to the camera? Or is the camera wifi (FC200....) not working? and if so which part do I need to replace or fix?.

Thanks for any help. I hate flying blind!

We are dealing with something like you speak of here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=35447 Read that and see if anything is there that might help you .

Yes. I reviewed the No FPV on PV2. My problem is that I can NOT even connect to the camera. When I try to bind the Camera to the RE and scan the QR code, it says DJI App explicitly denied connection the camera (on the iPhone). So I entered the MAC address manually. That didn't work. I don't even see the FC200_..... on the laptop wireless scanner.

Yes, different phone and iPad (they all worked before). I don't think it is the phone. I can connect to the Phantom_602c8d with the phone or the laptop. But I can NOT see the wireless signal from the camera. I see a hidden SSID that is similar to the 60:60:1F:2c:8d of the Phantom. I tried binding with that and it did not work either. So I think it must be the wireless signal from the camera that is not working. Isn't the antenna in the body of the camera?

Yes and here they are . On the sides .

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 856
I sent a request to DJI support to get the QR Code for the camera so I could bind it. I got the QR code from DJI, however the iPhone will not read the QR code from the DJI app (which contains the MAC Address). So I had to find some other way to read the QR code. I used ScanLife for the iPhone. Deciphering the info in the QR code gave me the Camera SSID and the Mac address.

Using that, I was able to bind the camera and the range finder. Everything works. Super!!!! I won't fly blind.

The camera also has a label on it that is covered up by the mount. I can not read the QR code, so that is not useful.

I would like to recommend that all the data for the Phantom components, models, SNs, SSIDs and MAC addresses be stored on the user profile on the DJI web site or in your purchase records. It would have saved several days of effort.

FYI: There are 2 MAC addresses, one for the Wireless Repeater and one for the Camera. They are both different and are fixed by the hardware. Some scanners will not see the Camera wifi signal.

PeteInCO said:
I sent a request to DJI support to get the QR Code for the camera so I could bind it. I got the QR code from DJI, however the iPhone will not read the QR code from the DJI app (which contains the MAC Address). So I had to find some other way to read the QR code. I used ScanLife for the iPhone. Deciphering the info in the QR code gave me the Camera SSID and the Mac address.

Using that, I was able to bind the camera and the range finder. Everything works. Super!!!! I won't fly blind.

The camera also has a label on it that is covered up by the mount. I can not read the QR code, so that is not useful.

I would like to recommend that all the data for the Phantom components, models, SNs, SSIDs and MAC addresses be stored on the user profile on the DJI web site or in your purchase records. It would have saved several days of effort.

FYI: There are 2 MAC addresses, one for the Wireless Repeater and one for the Camera. They are both different and are fixed by the hardware. Some scanners will not see the Camera wifi signal.

Great to hear you've solved the problem and got your FPV back, and your suggestion of of your components being stored in the user profile on DJI website is a sound idea. ;)

PeteInCO said:
I used ScanLife for the iPhone. Deciphering the info in the QR code gave me the Camera SSID and the Mac address.

I am having your same issue. I downloaded Scan Life but when I scan the QR code it takes me to the DJI app in Apple Store. How do you perform the "deciphering" part with the Scan Life app? I need my camera's MAC address, its not on the sticker with the serial #, and my iPhone 6+ wont allow the "scan QR code" function to work in the binding process via the DJI app. Very frustrating that the camera's MAC address isn't readily available and/or accessible. Been working on this all day to no avail until I came across this website and thread.

How do you decipher the QR code to get the MAC address?

When you use ScanLife, it will ask if you want to Launch website?. It lists the http code and then a series of numbers and text.
Do not do anything, just copy the codes as follows:
1=DJI
ampersand 2=Phantom model
ampersand 3= Serial number
ampersand 4=FC200_00nnnnn camera product SSID (which includes last part of MAC address
ampersand 5= full MAC address (you only need last 6 characters)

At least that is how my ScanLife Vers 5 works on my iPhone 5s.

Pete

I ended up using an online decoder and got the MAC address, when I get home I will see if it works, I am hopeful. Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers